Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Time for an update - Background - 2014 Explorer XLT - My GPS had every problem listed so far in this forum. I have had it back to the dealer several times, the last time they told me that Ford knows about the problem and is working on it. Fortunately the Service Manger that I deal with does...
  2. H

My dealer also said they may have an update but... Now for my update; It has now been over a week since I disconnected my Neg Bat Terminal and left it hanging for 15 min[I]; so far it has been working the way it is suppose to be! I can honestly say it works like a champ and I have been using...
  3. H

Sgt1411 - Thanks for the tip, I saw that and may try it this weekend just out of curiosity - on the flip side since I removed the "-" battery terminal and forced a master reset, my Navigation "seems" to be working OK. Time will tell
  4. H

One added thing - Ford had my car on Thursday - they said they found some more "upgrades" on the software and the updated my car but when I got in the problem (which seemed to be getting better) was now worse - which is what prompted me to do the battery reset.
  5. H

Well I'm not going to hold my breath BUT I did pull the neg terminal off my batt and let it sit for 15+ min; that's to make sure all capacitors are drained (you can also remove both cables and short them together but I wasn't in a hurry so...) When I reconnected the terminal my screen came on...
  6. H

I talked to my service manager and he is telling me that Ford admits there is a problem and will be releasing a new correction bulletin, so while I'm waiting for them to figure it out I'm going to try the -battery trick.
  7. H

Verified the Nav disc was indeed A4 and the software is current but... Tried to run the Master Reset that didn't do anything. Currently have another appointment in a week of so.
  8. H

Thanks for the responses; not at the remove fuse/battery yet, got a call from the dealer last night and they received a response from Ford and want to do a couple of "tests". In the mean time I found a web site (through this forum") that provides a download for a "Master Reset" app that I may...
  9. H

Just went through this entire thread and I am not a happy camper - I just bought a 2014 Explorer XLT and within a day started having every problem listed. I took my truck into the dealership this morning and they did perform an upgrade per Ford. The service manager tested it out and it...
Back