Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

LED lightbar install

Do you have any pictures? Now that I have the 24 on I want more bright its not enough lol
  2. N

LED lightbar install

hey guys, I found a good deal on a 22 inch lightbar, and I want to mount one in behind my grill, anyone done this before? Is 22 going to fit? Im out if town and not near my X, its a (05 XLT) if anyone has any suggestions, tips, etc or even a picture with the grill off so I can grt an idea if...
  3. N

Tow Mirror swap?

Havent done anything yet, I just spent $700 getting my rear hub replaced, so I'm gonna be frugle for a bit before I spend any money on non-necessity upgrades lol, but when I do it I promise pics will be posted haha
  4. N

Tow Mirror swap?

Airforce_guy Ive seen those before but although Im not adding the tow mirrors for aestetics, those do look butt ugly lol, I have had ZERO free time lately to attempt anything, although I measured out my buddys 99 silverado's mirrors and they seem to be dead on the dimensions I need. just gotta...
  5. N

k&n intake on 2005 XLT

So I found a deal on a brand new k&n intake that someone bought then wrote off their truck and never used it, I have an 05 XLT with the 4.6 and its for an 02-03 4.6. Now Im assuming since its all 3rd gen it should fit, but when I google the part number on it, the 05 is different then 02, same...
  6. N

How do you turn off fuel to do a COMPRESSION TEST?

Under the passenger side glovebox I believe theres a fuel reset toggle, not sure if that will do what youre looking for?
  7. N

Tow Mirror swap?

I can find them on ebay for about $130 for the pair shipped. Biggest concern is shipping em and they dont fit then I have to try and resell them, but probably wouldnt be hard to offload em, Im a part of a few truck communities.
  8. N

Tow Mirror swap?

I think its do-able, my plan is to do a dry run and see how the bolts line up, if they dont, I may put a metal plate over it, seal it off and drill custom mounts. however they look like the 3 bolts should line up, thats in a perfect world of course as for power, I guess I will find the...
  9. N

Tow Mirror swap?

hey guys, Been thinking I'd like to swap my mirrors out for factory tow mirrors. I know some mirros almost fit perfectly on different vehicles, so how do able do you think it'd be to swap these mirrors(theyre 99-06 GMC OEM mirrors, look like a close fit, onto my 05 XLT I would assume...
  10. N

Swap a 3:08 rear diff of a crown vic for my 3:27?

Thanks for the quick answers, but you guys are right about the Vic's solid rear axle. The 3.08 was a nice thought but not possible.... Fack
  11. N

from what I found online, a replacement for my truck shows 27 splines, would that not make it a 3.27?
  12. N

Hey guys, I have an 05 X with the 4.6 v8, not sure if this has been done before, but my rear diff needs to be replaced, as per the usual on the X, I have found one for a sick deal, its less than a hundred for parts, but its off a crown vic. Its still an 8.8, complete assembly, but its a3:08...
  13. N

leaking rear axle seal

Hey guys, I have an 05 XLT 4x4 with 150kms, Just within the last week I noticed some oil dripping in my driveway, no more than like 5 drops per 8 hours/overnight it was parked in one spot. took it to a quick lube place and they said its my rear axle seal, and since its 4 wheel ind...
  14. N

AdvanceTrac Issues

whats a reflash cost at a ford dealer? could they just disable the adv.trac if its not a crucial feature?
  15. N

4wd module?

which fuse is for adv. track? I cant seem to find a definite answer anywhere.. Thanks, Nick
  16. N

Mustang Rims on my 05?

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, as far as spacing goes, they say 17X7JX40 so I believe that means a +40? I sorry Im not too familiar with wheela or their specs. as for the center hubs how would I figure out that situation? Thanks
  17. N

Mustang Rims on my 05?

Hey Guys, So I found a sick deal on an awesome looking set of grey/black/chrome mustang rims from a takeoff, these are them -...
  18. N

what type of muffler needed? 05 4.6 v8

Hey guys, apparently I blew my muffler, and I need to buy a new one. Looking online Im between these 3 http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=451&partno=942441 also a thrush glasspack (the red tube) site says its a fit and also...
  19. N

Crazy Mileage drop, o2 sensor?

yea you guys make alot of good points, Im going to look into the fuel filter, as well as just replacing the 02 sensors, I only asked about cleaning them because a couple buddys said that would do it, Im not being cheap on not replacing them just didnt know that was the best route to go. U...
  20. N

Yea I didnt expect a drop in to make that much of a difference.. unfortunatly. As for Air Metre, from what I gathered it is the same, I googled the part number on it and thats what it seems to be. But I have yet to use the Seafoam so I will look into that and get back to you. Does the...
  21. N

Thanks for the speedy replies guys! And alot of good advice here! So for starters I got a new K&N Air Filter, and cleaned the Air Metre with a special cleaner, I may have to try seafoam, I've heard good things! Also I've been told to clean the 02 sensors but I don't know where the damn things...
  22. N

Hey, Im new to the forum, but I have been having some issues with my X. Just got her about 3 weeks ago, 4.6 V8 '05. 150kms. I drove down to my hometown (about 1200km roundtrip) and parked for the night, took my parents truck to Detroit, when I returned the next day, and got in it and headed...
Back