Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

Have a 97 explorer doing work to it

Perfect, that Etis lookup worked. Its a xl. As far as the cams go, Im scared of using makeshift tools, so I guess i just am going to have to rent one out somewhere.
  2. 8

Have a 97 explorer doing work to it

Hey guys! just got myself a explorer, and I love it. Im doing the timing chains, and im wondering if it is absolutely necessary to use the tools suggested in the repair manual to lock the cams in place, or is it possible for me to fabricate my own tools? Also, I dont know if my explorer is a...
  3. 8

87 Bronco II starting issues

Check for vacuum leaks, and check the fluid in the transmission
  4. 8

Only starts with starting fluid but will run on its own

Perhaps cracked or broken vacuum hoses? Check the vacuum hoses on the "vacuum taps" that are on the upper intake manifold, and ensure that they are in fact hooked up. One of these lines goes to the back of the fuel pressure regulator. To be exactly honest, I am not very sure what can cause this...
  5. 8

Bronco I I no fuel help!!

Perhaps a bad ground. Check the grounds, which are bolted to the engine and body with screws. Clean the mounting surfaces with sandpaper, or emery cloth, and then reinstall. If this is not the source of the problem, the relay coil might be internally shorted resulting in the circuit not...
  6. 8

Only starts with starting fluid but will run on its own

Check the idle speed screw. If its backed out too far, this will be a result. Also ensure that the inertia switch is in fact in the closed position which means that the current and voltage is flowing to the relay, and the fuel pump relay is working properly. If you seek advice, ask as many...
  7. 8

Canadian Ford guy

Hey guys! Im into ford vehicles, and currently getting a 80's ford bronco:D Id be more than happy to offer any kind of advice that is needed on this forum! Looking forward to posting here!
Back