Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Northern Arizona

Welcome to the forum. I haven't been to partial to the 5th gens, but my wife loves them.
  2. O

7 seat conversion? can it be done!?

So I did get the new "clips" from Ford. It seems to work out great. To answer questions, I had a two row 05 Explorer and turned it into a 3rd row Explorer. I did not change the 2nd row at all, did not move it nothing. no I didn't get the carpet, nor did I get the "D" pillars. It was just a...
  3. O

well the day is drawing near. I have most all the parts to start the install on the third row. No I am not doing the second row at this time because of the lack of funds. I am needing to possibly get new plastic clips from Ford here soon then I will start in on it.
  4. O

Ok so i really need your guys help. I looked at what my in laws brought up from phoenix. The place that i got the back seat was a junk yard that they pull the part you need. So i see the back of the seat and it seems that it is fully intact. I see the "butt seat" and there is just the padding...
  5. O

So update, i have purchased the third row and seat belts. View are here now. Update soon.
  6. O

Add 3rd Row Seat to a 3rd Gen

Does anyone know if the 2002 third row will fit the 05 truck? I figure it will but there is a slight doubt.
  7. O

Add 3rd Row Seat to a 3rd Gen

I have not done it yet. I am going to be doing it this weekend. From what the done diders said, it was just a little time consuming. The ain't gonna tryers can say what they what. But i will be doing a rough set up. I mean by that is the third row will be functional but it won't be pretty. I...
  8. O

Prescott AZ area native

Thank you. The welcome from other members has been a warm one.
  9. O

05 Exporer XLT couple problems and questions

Wow, that is a crack. I don't have that, thank goodness, knock on wood. How hard is it to replace the plastic? And also i have heard of a lot of others having the same problem. Where are you guys located? I am in Arizona and no crack.
  10. O

All ford trucks will clunk. Lol. Ok. House paint?! Dear god man. Lol and where is this notorious crack in the back hatch? I don't have one.. How well is The house paint holding up? Might put that on the top, it couldn't be any worse than the rust. Ha ha ok, it to early Im done.
  11. O

Heater and AC fan switch

I thought the blend door was for hot or cold. That is being fixed by the used car dealer. That makes a clicking sound when i turn it from cold to hot. When i change the placement of the air it makes the vacuum sound and it really don't change. Would that maybe be a vacuum issue? But i will look...
  12. O

Heater and AC fan switch

On the same topic, mine doesn't really blow at all, like low is barely on and hi is like a low. On top of this i don't really have control over where the air is going. Like if i have it on the head it blows on the windshield and feet and if i change it to windshield it blows there and feet and...
  13. O

I will try the cornering, the truck is to go into the ford dealer on the note of the used car dealer. That should take care of the hard problems. The traction control light is on but no codes can be pulled. The button is functional but i guess ford will find what's up with it. I will keep you...
  14. O

I have a lot of questions for you as you seem to be an expert on this conversion. I have the 60/40 installed as of now. If i where to get the third row could I just move the second row up to the next set of holes and install 3row or is it a MUST that the second row needs to be the 40/20/40? Also...
  15. O

Northern Arizona

The Prescott to crown king road ain't to bad. Good views. How does someone set up a get together? Meet New people, show off the rigs custom and stock and even do a little trail run.
  16. O

Northern Arizona

WittMann isn't to bad. Kind of in that gray area from me cuz it would be one way or the other. Is there any meets that go on in AZ?
  17. O

Hello from Northern Arizona

Prescott area here.
  18. O

Northern Arizona

Hey there to all that are around. Looking for anyone in the area of northern AZ.
  19. O

Ok, now on to the next question, does the same row need to be the fold flats or can i keep the standard ones i have now in? Or was there a fold flat option for the second row?
  20. O

anyone? 105 viewers, someone mast have a simular problem or help with my current post.
  21. O

Weak blower

Ok, so just bought an 05 XLT rear air. otherwise has air vents no controls. so here is ther thing. I turn on the A/C or heat doesn't matter what and have it on the face vents i can turn the fan speed to whatever I want and i can hardly feel anything coming out. It also feels as if it is goming...
  22. O

Prescott AZ area native

Hello to all. My name is Dan and I have recently bought a 05 Exploere. Vehicle specs are asside<<<. Anyways, a little history on my, I was born in the valley of the sun Phoenix, and adopted and moved to the Prescott area in 1990. I have lived here all my life and love the small town feel. The...
  23. O

my big question is, with the second row starter vehicle, do I need to change out the 2nd to get the third? and IS EVERY HOLE already drilled and covered??
  24. O

third gen full interior swap (2002-2005)

Anyone in the Prescott AZ area or with in bout 100 some miles?my wife has been bugging me to change our 05 xlt to a 3rd row. If anyone can help it would be great. I have tan leather interior. Email me at truckingdan@gmail.com
  25. O

3rd row seating

Is there even a write up on how to change a 3rd gen 2 row to a 3rd gen with 3 rows? Wife is starting to get on me to do the conversion. I say the write up on the 4th but how much difference is there?
Back