Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2004 Ford Explorer 4x4, defrost problem

I am hesitant to say that is my issue. My selector seems to change from position to position fine and you can watch the vacuum pots behind the dash move and to their thing as the knob is turned. It seems that when on Defrost and on floor both it gets hung like it didn't completely get to where...
  2. B

2004 Ford Explorer 4x4, defrost problem

I have been asking the same thing. I bet your heater doesnt blow hard at your feet either does it? But when you turn it to Vent you get lots of air? Mine does the same exact thing and I have not been able to track down the issue and my thread on here didnt get me very far. If you do figure...
  3. B

Core charge for wiper motors...really?

Even salvages charge a core these days. They have figured out how to make more money while blaming the customer for it. I kinda get it, they can rebuild your motor and re sell it to someone else. But I think it is mostly just a scam by vendors to make more cash.
  4. B

2003 XLT 4x4 Front Ball Joints

I did mine with pretty simple tools. I did use air tools to make life easier but pretty much ordinary tools and a jack is about all you need. Aside from that a torque wrench and some patience. I did the entire arm on both sides and I also did wheel bearings at the same time. Took me most of...
  5. B

Wont Start, Theft Light Flashing

Mine turned out to be the remote start. I re crimped all the connections and re mounted it and have not has a problem since.
  6. B

front wheel bearing ??

A lot. The 2Dr sport is still based on the previous explorer platform from 95-01. They carried that frame and suspension over in the 2dr sport version while the 4dr was put onto a different platform. You definitely need to buy the 4dr parts.
  7. B

Windows stopped working

Thanks. I have not even bothered to diagnose mine. Was just giving him something to try if he needed to get the window to at least move for now.
  8. B

Oil Filter Question

Physically the one I put on was almost the same size at the one I took off and the oil came out exactly where it should when I filled it up so no difference there. Just worried about the threads a little. It tightened down good but if the threads arent the same it could blow it off or somehow...
  9. B

Oil Filter Question

Hmm.. Would have to be a really close and almost exact thread because it threaded on very easily and tightened down and felt just like it should going on. I didnt get a hint of it not being the same threads. I will probably stop and have them get me the right one just to be safe.
  10. B

Timing Chain Guide Questions (Picture)

Ok, Took the lower pan off yesterday and found the chunks of plastic in it that I suspected I might find due to a cold start rattle I have had for a little bit now. My question is this. Is there a simple way to tell which one is bad and what am in in for as far as trying to fix it? I have...
  11. B

Windows stopped working

My drivers window stops when its cold and if I hit the door panel it works again. Only when its cold though. Never when its warm.
  12. B

Oil Filter Question

Dropped the lower pan off my 4.0L yesterday evening to change the gasket since it had a slight drip. I wanted to change the oil and filter in the process. No big deal, but I did find some plastic chunks down there so I know one of my guides has gave up on me. But my question is this. The oil...
  13. B

having a ton of trouble

Does it have a aftermarket remote start? I had a similar problem a while back when it started getting cold and it turned out to be that POS. I had to re crimp all the butt connectors and check all the solder points and mess around with it and no trouble since.
  14. B

Vents wont blow on Floor

Thanks Hook, Yea I am use to Mustangs and well most other Fords that have plenty of Heat on the feet. I will keep messing with it to see if i can find a reason.
  15. B

Evaporator diverter Door

The arm inside it attaches too is metel but basically the plastic part that is sticking out the door is only about 2 inches or so long and has a flat part that mates up to a slot on the arm inside. I just stumbled across it by dumb luck because I wanted to see how much of that arm I could get...
  16. B

Evaporator diverter Door

I can tell you I had this exact problem with mine when I got it. Over the summer i put a zip tie on it to just hold it wide open and blow A/C out the vents, but now that it is cold I needed to fix it. I thought it was going to be a huge job, but turns out it was very simple. I found one at a...
  17. B

Vents wont blow on Floor

Ok, If no one knows the answer then does anyone know where a good exploded view or lots of pictures of the air box are at? I have looked around on google but I am finding too much information but not specific enough information.
  18. B

Do lower control arms last longer?

The lower ball joints are much larger. My uppers were completely wore out and the lowers are still tight so I didnt mess with the lower control arms when I did the front end recently. Just my .02
  19. B

2004 Upper Control arms Help!!

I bought this kit and was pretty happy with the quality and so far no issues at all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171405886764?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  20. B

Vents wont blow on Floor

Ok.. Its starting to get really cold around here and my vents dont seem to blo won the floor. I can pop the glove box out and both of the vacuum pots operate that you can see right there. Both arms move in and out and both are moving their respective plastic arms. I can change the controls...
  21. B

Wont Start, Theft Light Flashing

I did try that the other morning and it didnt work, But I think I had the box completely un plugged at the time so not sure what other issues that may have caused.
  22. B

02 XLS Camber Issue

This leads to my obvious question. Is this commonly needed? Why is it necessary? I would think something is wore out for my camber to be as far off as it is. Is there a common wear point in the front suspension on these models? I knew they made kids to adjust camber but I dont want to try...
  23. B

02 XLS Camber Issue

Ok.. Shame on me. I found a sticky thread for the ball joint replacement which shows me the suspension. Great pictures on that. Now I guess the question is do these have camber issues that are common and are easily fixed. I dont believe my ball joints are wore out and the front seems tight...
  24. B

02 XLS Camber Issue

Is this what I need to straiten things up? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-and-Passenger-Upper-Control-Arm-Wheel-Hub-Bearing-ABS-Lower-Ball-Joint-/171405886764?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2002|Make%3AFord|Model%3AExplorer&hash=item27e896452c&vxp=mtr
  25. B

02 XLS Camber Issue

Ok.. When i got this vehicle the inside of all 4 tires had steel belting showing while the outsides of the tire had plenty of tread. I suspect they rotated front to rear on it because the rears set strait up. The fronts however dont and the passenger front is worse than the drivers. I have...
Back