Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Tailgate / Liftgate Alignment

For minor in/out adjustments, you can simply adjust the length of the rubber bumper stop at the bottom edges of the gate. It just screws in and out by hand. I adjusted mine this morning and now the gate is to my liking in the left/right, up down and in out directions.
  2. S

I decided to realign mine myself. Pretty easy. Took me less than 20 minutes to get it to my liking. I moved it laterally and did not bother with the in an out adjustment, but that looks pretty easy too. I may do that when it warms up. Any dealer that tells you you need to replace the gate or...
  3. S

LOL. I missed that. Peter. That is a good one. Its funny how when you get something in your mind you completely miss what is written right in front of your eyes... LOL I'll edit my posts so it doesn't sound so stupid.
  4. S

Peter, when I said past the(Headlight- should have been taillight) I meant inwards (longitudinally) not rightward (laterally). In other words, when looking at the profile of the vehicle from the back, the liftgate sicks out further than the taillight edge on the left side, but on the right side...
  5. S

My Liftgate is misaligned as others have mentioned it looks awful just noticed it when I washed the car at the car wash. The left side has a 1/2 to 3/4" gap and sticks out so its not flush with the tail light. The right side is almost rubbing and is in past the taillight. It is so obvious. I'm...
  6. S

Oil Change interval

I got a question. In the manual it says that the light will come on with a change oil soon message when the oil life is at 10% or less. My Oil life shows at 9% and I did not get any messages to do the oil change yet. Should I do the Oil change anyway or wait for the light to come on. I kinda...
  7. S

I scraped my Sport side rim

I scraped 3 out of 4 of my rims over the first two weeks of ownership. Never scraped a rim in more than 25 years of driving before that. It was an awful feeling scraping them. I got them all fixed. Although it was not cheap. It cots me $175 per rim but they did an awesome job fixing them. The...
  8. S

Black Friday Sales at Livernois Motorsports

Does the free shipping apply to Canada as well? I e-mailed you guys and got no response so far. In the shipping estimator when I put my address, the shipping still says zero but I want to make sure.
  9. S

Black Friday Sales at Livernois Motorsports

I have a question about the Tuner/CAI/Thermostat/Spark plug combo that is on sale. 1. in the add it says tuner but does not specify the tune. I take it the tuner comes with the proper tunes for the explorer sport? 2. I've read that the CAI on the explorer was actually detrimental to performance...
  10. S

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

Why is that? I have the inflatable seat belts and I can seat 3 people in the back seat.
  11. S

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Get your dealer to try one of the the wheels on first before mounting a tire on it. Do it on the front as the front has the bigger brakes. I'm running 18's on mine with no issues however, wheels do vary from manufacturer/design etc so I'd say try them on first. I'm not sure why the Dealer would...
  12. S

Quality of the Russian assembly

I don't know mine does not look anywhere near as bad as the pics you posted. I'd say mine is similar to other (import) cars I've owned.
  13. S

Also you do not need to program the TPMS sensors. After 30 km or so of driving they program themselves. Ask me how I know. Sounds like you are spreading miss-information with the wheel sizes and TPMS sensor programming.
  14. S

Go for the 18" wheels and tires... its worth it to have the convenience to change the tires and rims yourself in the spring/fall. I went with 18" wheels and studded tires on my Sport. They work great. For perfect overall diameter go with 235 65 R18 tires. The narrower tire will help in winter as...
  15. S

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - TPMS

I did the same and they work perfectly. They are a genuine Ford part number as well. Local Ford Dealer wanted $75 each... Riiight... Go fly a kite.... They also wanted $450 for roof rack cross bars and I picked them up from a US Ford Dealer on ebay for $160 shipped.
  16. S

Looks like the rims are off of a 2012 Genesis as I found this: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-tires-rims-SOLD-4-Hyundai-18-mag-rims-and-snow-tires-2012-Genesis-W0QQAdIdZ523707140
  17. S

Here are some pics of the refinished rims as well as with the tires installed on my Explorer Sport. I hate to post pictures of my ride all dirty but what the heck thats how it will look for the majority of winter.
  18. S

Sorry it is not a Genesis Sedan, it was a Genesis coupe with Brembo brakes at least that is what he told me. He did not specify the year and when I look through images of the Genesis coupe on google I can not find them. They did have Hyundai emblems on them. My bad on the mistake there between...
  19. S

A friend of mine had some Hyundai Genesis sedan wheels that fit the brembo brakes, so big dish. The offset and bolt pattern was perfect. I refinished the wheels as they were a bit beat up. I also modified the center caps so that they had FORD emblems instead of Hyundai. They worked out great.
  20. S

In Alberta I've been using studded tires for years. They are definitely more noisy but they do provide more grip on ice.
  21. S

I personally went with aluminum 18" rims and 235 65 r18 studded winter tires on my sport. This size is a perfect match to the 255 50 R20 sizing and they work awesome on snow and ice. I'll post some pics once I wash the beast.
  22. S

Hi Peter. I must say that the interior fit and finish is pretty good on mine as well but the materials quality a specially the non soft touch door panels in the second row is a bit of a disappointment because other manufacturers don't do these shortcuts. Exterior fit and finish of body panels is...
  23. S

Like I mentioned before I'm pretty happy with my Explorer Sport and do not regret my decision to buy it. I also looked at the Durango and was almost ready to pull the trigger but the Sport is more sporty and more techy (and I can be a bit of a tech nerd). The things where the Explorer does fall...
  24. S

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - TPMS

Got my winter tires put on with new TPMS. I can confirm that programming is not necessary. I deflated my stock tires just to make sure I hot the Low pressure warning light. The light was on. I did nothing but drive the car with the new sensors and winter tires for about 30 kms and the light went...
  25. S

Thats all find and dandy. My last car a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6L V8 that I traded in for the sport had very similar fuel efficiency ratings as the Explorer ( a bit better) yet you can not begin to compare the fuel efficiency of both of theses cars. The Genesis was pretty close to the...
Back