Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I have checked out fordesp.com. I live in Manitoba and they can't sell outside of Ontario online right now.
  2. F

I asked a couple of American companies (Troy and Zieglers) about selling to Canadians and using an American address. They both said they no longer can do it. As of Oct 2nd 2013 they got shut down to selling up north. I agree with you on the electronic costs alone could eat up the $2300. Peter
  3. F

My dealer quoted us for $2300 Canadian on a 7year/120000km esp. We are trying to determine now if that cost is what we would spend in repairs over the life of our explorer. We plan to keep the vehicle for at least 7 years. Any thoughts on this price and opinions on likely repairs ( I know...
  4. F

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Poor mileage We have had our 14 sport for three months now. I know it's still early but I would like some insight from the forum on our fuel consumption. I live in Canada and our average winter temperature so far has been -30C. We have 2200km on the vehicle so far. Driving has been all city...
  5. F

Slight roll when putting in Park...

Park brake I have a 2014 explorer sport. Love it with no issues so far! Just a question for all the forum members about putting the vehicle into park. When doing so I feel the vehicle rock and roll a bit. From what I understand it's simply the park mechanism catching on the transmission to...
  6. F

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

I just picked up our 2014 sport yesterday and noticed that on our rims there is a black smudge around the outside part of the rim like others have talked about. We have our rims off as we have winter rims/ tires on. I took them inside and attempted to clean the smudges off with Goo Gone and...
  7. F

2014 Exp Sport - $46,000 OTD good buy?

Great deal Just curious what options you got and how you got to such a low price! We paid for 14 sport with adaptive cruise, tow, dual moon roof, rear inflatable seatbelts, voice navigation $48000 + tax in Canada. Pete
  8. F

Sport Order Update

Get a hold of one of the ford reps on this site. I am in Canada and have been dealing with Bianca. If your in the states give crystal a shout. They can find out info for you Pete
  9. F

Next "SPORT' Run, Late Nov, early Dec!!

Weird Seems like there is some conflicting info out there. As of now I am slated to get my sport by 29 Oct. It's build date is 1Oct. I ordered in early sept. Would be nice to know what info is correct out there!
  10. F

Sport Order Update

Just want to share my order stats thus far and reach out to say a big thank you to Bianca for providing all of our updates to date. She has had updates before my dealer which was great. 2014 sport ordered - sept 4 Order confirmation from dealership - 5 sept VIN received - 13 sept Window...
  11. F

2014 Explorer Sport ordered

Order You must be relieved to see the end in sight! My ETA for my sport is also 29 oct. Must be a sport build week!
  12. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

255/60/18 Regarding tire sizes when going to 18inch down from the stock 20 inch if i understand correctly the goal is to match the original circumference when down sizing or up sizing. When i compare the size 255/60/18s to the original 20s it comes out to being the same circumference. I used...
  13. F

2014 sport order

Thanks Crystal for touching base with me. Ill be sure to pick your brain should I have any further question!
  14. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Winter tires From what I've read on here so far there are some people who have went from the 20 inch stock down to 17 inch or 18 inch winter tires on their explorer sports. I also read on here that the 20 inch tires have larger brakes thus not allowing for smaller tire size. Can anyone clear...
  15. F

2014 sport order

Finally ordered my 2014 explorer sport ( 5 sept). Received the VOR and it had priority 10 on the order slip and all my options checked. So far so good! Now from what I've read on here the next step will be Ford sending the dealership a DORA slip. Next Ford will pull the order for building...
Back