Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

anyone running this tire & wheel combo?

Great to know, thanks! I'm going to lay claim to the Rubicon tires today!!!
  2. L

So do they "puff out" and get close to rubbing the upper control arm? That was my biggest worry By the way, Sweet looking Explorer - I wish mine was still that shiny!
  3. L

Yeah, I already tried the rims, the bolt pattern is ok but the rim actually hits the brake caliper. What I want to know is if anyone has mounted these tires on the stock 16" Explorer rims...
  4. L

I did some searching in the Tires & Wheels area but didn't find this mix so I figured I'd just ask. I have a friend who will make me a deal on some Goodrich All Terrains that are off his Rubicon. So has anyone run a 255/70/16 on a stock Explorer of the '01 generation? My truck cam stock with...
  5. L

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

Just thought I'd update the thread - I just finished replacing the latch mechanism and a big THANK YOU to all for the helpful info on how to perform the repair. One comment that I wish I had paid attention to was in regards to the lock cylinder rod retainer. I tried to work the rod out of the...
  6. L

Yeah, I just went to Home Depot and got two different ones. I put the lighter/weaker one in but I may switch to the heavier one at some point (it only unlocks about 8 out of 10 times)
  7. L

Can you tell me how long that spring was or what the part number (and where you got it) is for that spring?
Back