Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Best 4.0L Clutch?

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to comment on this. I got a 07-139 clutch kit from Rock auto and installed it in my 94 ranger with the 4.0 ohv and it fit perfectly. Only 100km on it so far but it's working great.
  2. G

I had an oops with my pop-up sunroof.

A friend of mine mounted an explorer sunroof into a similar year S10 sonoma back when we were teenagers. He frequently removed the sunroof on nice days until one day when something similar happened. He noticed he didn't quite get the front snapped in properly during reinstallation and while...
  3. G

91 Sploder sport 4x4 thread

Yup, it's my fenders fault the headlight is all messed up. It feels like you're going to break it pulling the surround off and knowing I'd need it off to put the fender back on I decided to leave it off. I pulled the roof rack off shortly after those photos were taken, if I find a good deal...
  4. G

Thanks! It's definitely the nicest free vehicle I've gotten but not the first XD Continued buggerin with the body work and started the bumper.
  5. G

A friend asked me to pick up a set of four worn 33" mud terrains on stock jeep rims off kijiji for 80 bucks. Figured I'd give them a try to see how well they fit with the lift. I'd have been damn tempted to keep them for myself if the wheels would've fit over the manual locking hubs but they...
  6. G

Update. Weather has gotten nice again (Though it was nice for quite a while last year and I didn't get much done XD) Decided to tackle the rust on the bottom of the sploder. I didn't expect it to have penetrated quite as deeply as it has. Looks like some previous body work had been done and...
  7. G

A completely insane/stupid 4.9l swap. Yes, I'm serious.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fms-m-6880-a50/overview/year/1989/make/ford/model/f-150 Too late and maybe more than you were willing to spend but another option if your bushing doesn't pan out
  8. G

lil red build

Do you have a welder? If so, would it be possible to weld the sleeve back to the TTB? If not I guess your best bet would be to cut the head off the bolt, remove all the bits and then start anew with a new bolt and nut. Welding the new nut into the TTB would make it easier to tighten...
  9. G

lil red build

Nice! What size lift are you going with? I've a red 91 2 door 5 speed and I love it!
  10. G

Switchbox! This is not the final product but should be similar. I may have to pick up another box as this one may not be the ideal size and I drilled a few extra holes in this one XD I've already decided to rotate some switches and mix the wiring around a bit but overally is the same as what...
  11. G

Alright. Got the radiator cleaned and reinstalled and took the sploder for a test drive. Needs an alignment something fierce XD. Nothing catastrophic occurred, though I did find a few more things to fix. Firstly, the radiator started leaking (Dammit!) The mud must've been keeping it sealed...
  12. G

Quick update. I was waiting on brake lines to show up from Summit, they must have been backordered as a good 9 days went by before they shipped. I bought the Pro Comp extended brake line kit and as far as installation goes I'm pritty happy with them, they replaced the original brake lines...
  13. G

94 xlt lift

Shackles and/or add a leafs will only lift the rear however. How much lift are you aiming for? The best suggestion is to wait until you're out of school and have a steady income but that never stopped anyone from trying :D 2" lift coils can be had for pritty cheap (150-200ish) to lift the...
  14. G

I was considering the same simple setup with the inclusion of an idiot light sensor in the cooling system for automatic regulation and a diode off my ac compressor so it would run with a/c but not back feed through the compressor with the a/c off fan on . In the end I stumbled past the fan...
  15. G

I got bored while waiting for parts and test mounted an electric fan I picked up on Rockauto a while ago. Bought a stand-alone fan controller that I still need to wire up. I'll remove the factory fan and see how this works out, may have to pick up a second fan. The Rough Country...
  16. G

Removing e/c clip question

91 FSM lists the bearing cap bolts as 47-67 ft-lbs Ring gear bolts 70-90 ft-lbs for the Dana 35 IFS
  17. G

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

:d
  18. G

Continued the lift for a few hours today. Took a break for food and ate too much, must find motivation to get back out there and slave away a bit more. PICS! Got to use the press method on the right front spring mount and it worked well, one less bolt to completely destroy (Still had...
  19. G

Warrior shackles and Daystar coil spacers arrived. The shackles are beefy, I'm really happy with them so far XD Unfortunately it looks like some important parts probably won't be here for this long weekend so I'll have to busy myself with most of the lift (Waiting on a replacement bushing for...
  20. G

94 Ranger - Speedo Gear

Assuming the trans in the doner ranger has the same gear ratio's (I don't know if multiple ratio options were availible) that would probably work. A 3.73 ranger would have a different speedo gear from a 3.27 ranger because the transmission output would have to turn faster on the 3.73 ranger to...
  21. G

Will the wear on these tires damage my differential(AWD)

So after some searching online, my understanding of the tire wear issue is that different sized tires (due to wear) cause the input and output shafts of the transfer case to run at slightly different speeds which causes heat/wear to viscous couplings and/or center differentials. I suppose you...
  22. G

Sexy parts pics! Everything looks good so far though I am missing a part. The passenger side ttb mount drop bracket is MIA. Luckily it was noticed when I was picking the parts up and the shop I bought the kit through got a hold of Rough Country who apologized for the missing part and...
  23. G

Quick update. Still waiting on some oddball parts to finish my clutch replacement so I figured I'd start installing the four inch Rough Country lift I picked up :3 I decided I'd show off a neat trick I've used to remove bolts from stuff like shackles in the past when the bolt seizes to the...
  24. G

Can you help my father with where to start with our Explorer? (video inside)

Just going to tear into it? If you have a compression gauge it might save some headache to check first, I'd hate for you to have torn into the engine and find the chain wasn't the problem XD
  25. G

Can you help my father with where to start with our Explorer? (video inside)

I'm not an expert by any means but my first check would be compression as I'd be leaning towards a timing chain having let go. How many KM on the engine? If a timing chain has let go then you're looking at some bent valves as the pistons will hit the valves when the valve train becomes out of...
Back