Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Crank Bolt pattern, 6/8?

Is far as I know , only the Cobra , and manual trans Mach 1 had the 8 bolt crank . Everything from the rest of the 4.6 engine family will bolt to it .
  2. A

Anyone know if the 4.0L ignition is Waste Spark design?

That is a good sign the coil is on it's way out
  3. A

No start with key

I believe that is a chipped key .
  4. A

Engine cranks/turns over but won't start

If it started with starting fluid , it is a fuel problem , as in pump. Some ford installed pumps last for ever , and some not .
  5. A

Swap 3.73 Open Differential with 3.73 Limited Slip?

The swap to the limited slip , would not hurt anything .
  6. A

Help !!!! 4x4 high light flashing

I had the flashing 4x4 hi light . Counted the flashes , and I had 7 or maybe it was 8 flashes . Then it quits for a moment , and flashes again . I had a bad transmission , it was failing , not shifting to 2nd or 3rd gear , so sorry I cant remember . I replaced the transmission with a low mile...
  7. A

Help !!!! 4x4 high light flashing

Count the flashes , and that is your code .
  8. A

2002 5R55S Transmission Interchange...

You sir are half way on track Only second gear ,according to your post has a different ratio. And that is not a huge difference either . The computer monitors vehicle speed , throttle position and engine load , to process the transmission thru the appropriate gear . And I am certain , you have...
  9. A

Again i believe the changes were hardware , not gear ratio . The computers in our fords ar self learning as in adaptive learning , so a gear ratio change will not effect it .
  10. A

I used an 05 , in my 04 , with no problems . I don't think there is a gear ratio change , but an upgrade in hardware , between the years .
  11. A

Diagnosing coolant in cylinder

No sir , dirty has no bearing on if they are warped You can check them with a carpenter's square if you have one , and a set of feeler gauges .
  12. A

Diagnosing coolant in cylinder

Torque to yield bolts require replacement when you remove them .
  13. A

Brake lamp switch

Ford parts , amazon sells them
  14. A

Fair Market Value for 2004 Eddie Bauer

Wth 3rd row seating , they run around 5500 here in Oregon
  15. A

O/D off light flashing

The flashes , will tell you the code , to begin your trouble shooting .
  16. A

How to make your Ford Explorer steering column telescope PICS

I really wish the pictures would show from these old post, as there is no longer a picture for reference.
  17. A

updates on my Ranger

Tires are made by Cooper, I have them on my Ranger aswell.
  18. A

Grinding from transfer case

I will speculate you have a bad universal joint in the front drive shaft.
  19. A

headlight adjustment

between the grill and core support , at the bottom of the lamp assy. the lower one is for the verticle aim , upper is the horizontal .
  20. A

4 hi indicator lights

Thank you . Today I was messing around while in the driveway , and turned the 4x4 high switch on , and off a couple of times ,and the dim lamp went out , has been out all day . I also notices that the indicator lamp on the ECM , at the driver side jump seat was not illuminated , so I pushed...
  21. A

4 hi indicator lights

thanks Derocka I appreciate your reply . I am not in a position to question your response , just want to clear this up in my head . If the high range lite is being dimly lit , from as you said , a ghost signal , why is the low lamp also not lit ? I have rebuilt the entire front end ...
  22. A

4 hi indicator lights

I have a 94 Ranger , 4.0 4x4 , everything works , but my question is , At times I can see the small indicator , beside the switch , is faintly glowing , while in 2 wheel drive. When I engage 4 high , the light glows brightly . There is no problem with the low range indicator lamp ...
  23. A

hanging idle

I just unplugged the Idle air motor , and everything is back to normal , will replace with new on payday . Thanks and no I didn't get any codes
  24. A

hanging idle

I have a 91 Explore , w/ 5 speed . Between shifts the idle hangs around 2500 ,,,,,I find no vacumn leaks , everything appears connected correctly , just won't drop rpm between shifts . I have recently done an engine swap , installed a wrecking yard 4.0 from a 95 and trans from a 98...
  25. A

limited auto ride

that will not result in the same operation ,
Back