Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Flipped Balljoints?

Makes more sense now. What if i use a washer in between? no?
  2. G

Flipped Balljoints?

ok, thanks for clarifying, i thought you were talking about the retaining clip not the lip.
  3. G

Flipped Balljoints?

Actually, it wont. The reataining clip will be on the bottom instead of the top.The way it is now, theres more wieght on the clip than the way i would do it. so technically, the balljoint would push right back trhough. i am still doing some reasearch tho.
  4. G

Flipped Balljoints?

Just put the Ball joint in upside down. and put the spindle on top of the lower CA. Thats it. Ill try it, and i know to replace them. Just a thought cuz some guy did it on his weird ****, i dunno what its called, i left the magazine at work.
  5. G

Flipped Balljoints?

Ok, Since i still have in issue with caster camber correction that i cant fiz, i was reading a 4wheeler magazine and saw flipped balljoints. I searched but didnt find anything. Anyways heres the Question. If i flip my lower balljoints, would that raise my spindle a little bit to help the so...
  6. G

diesel engine swap

would those turbo diesle's out of VW's work? just thinking b/c theyre smaller. i dunno.
  7. G

Sloped body lift + SOA successful

Id still get the Driveshaft spacer. When i did my SOA, i forgot to lengthen the driveshaft and it destroyed the yoke, causing my tranny to become worthless and had to rebuild it. Save the $$ in the long run and get one. Although i had 3" spindle lift too. so i dont know if youll need it. and...
  8. G

alarm door lock problem

already did that. found out the problem. The installer never hook the wires up to the module after he ran them! 200 bucks for that?! lol. thanks
  9. G

alarm door lock problem

Ok, I installed my alarm. Everything works except the door locks. i though it was the module, so i tested it with a multimeter. It DOES give out signal. It just doesnt lock. THey are negative outputs. I have them hooked up to the pink/yellow, and pink/green wires in the driver kick panel. what...
  10. G

Tv Install Write Up

on the passenger side i tried that, to cut only enough to make the tv fit. ONce cut, it was so flimsy it wasnt worth keeping, so i junked it. i could have made a longer one and welded it lower, but i didnt have the mats at the time. but, no, i dont think there would be a difference.
  11. G

Tv Install Write Up

Neither was it, but my idea of having it above the seatbelt wasnt going to work. so i worked with what i had.lol. thanks!
  12. G

Well, we could all pitch in and you could make some outta that?lol. how much are aluminum slugs?
  13. G

Tv Install Write Up

ok, I inherited these tvs from Boomin, so i decided to put them in the seat. heres how i did it.. with pictures. 1. Unclip seat cover and take it off. 2. cut off support bracket :eek: to make room for Tv. 3. Grind off sharp edges so it wont cut up anything. 4. Put up Tv...
  14. G

theyre already on the axle and welded. those are just the type i have. i never knew about the holes to move the axle.
  15. G

i have these..... https://catalog.foothilloffroad.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_35&products_id=82&osCsid=fe1ade1a615d058a2c7daec805a687af will it still work even though one of the holes are square? or will i have to drill it out?
  16. G

by changing the perch hole to the back. will it mess anything up?
  17. G

might just have to let you make me one too :D if the mats can be found. i think its aluminum.. not sure though. prolly wouldnt want aluminum though.
  18. G

I found some for like 45-50 bucks. dunno if theyre universal though. Ive never put one on.. doesnt look hard to install. Could be a temp or permanent fix i guess.. any one else? http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=82 if anyone else has a place with one...
  19. G

I did the SOA and had to have my driveshaft lengthened(sp). the shop didnt even legenth(sp) it enough so i have to get a spacer. mines a 4 door though.
  20. G

Did you use these exact mesurements? And whered you get a driveshaft spacer?
  21. G

Any Intrest In X Upper Control Arms

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=application_list.asp&ID=81146 http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=83295
  22. G

Fiberglassing Question

well you know when the glass gets tacky and you touch it and it leaves your finger print. i was thinking that what if you do that but just like roll and peel some vinyl that looks the same?
  23. G

Fiberglassing Question

ok, when fiberglassing, how do you get the final product the same texture as the X's texture. like the kickpanel texture. the only way i could think of is to put a thin coat ovver the final and wait till its takcy and take some vinyl and roll it on... ??? thanks
  24. G

jayhawkexplorer

He bought some Abercrombie clothes off me and paid asap. thanks
  25. G

X Club In VA

i might be down, Im busy a lot tho.
Back