Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

This is probably a stupid question

I have a Explorer XLT, with grey leather interior. My truck got vandalized, and the door panels got screwed up. I found a 2000 Explorer limited in an online junkyard. In the pictures the interior looks the exact same as mine color wise, but it is labeled as having tan interior. I rode in a black...
  2. G

Air adjustable seats?

when i took my 1996 in the ford house, they told me as well i needed a new seat assembly. When i first got the car, the passenger lumbar did nothing, and both lumbar and bolster worked on the driver side, then the driver side bolster went out, then the lumbar went out. Do you all think its the...
  3. G

Puddle lights

lol probably, lee s. I heard something about in 1998 they cut wiring costs. I havent opened the glove box in a newer one, but ive seen that in 98's, a lot of them have manual lumbar, and they dont have bolster anymore, and they started putting the new front bumpers on so all the lights could be...
  4. G

Puddle lights

TJM, im pretty sure that puddle lamps came out in 1998(no earlier, but MAYBE later). That is also the year they made many changes to the 2nd gen explorer (license plate on tailgate, change in auto dim mirror, and i believe they did away with the courtesy lamps on the inside of the door panel...
  5. G

Puddle lights

The older lamps didnt have the puddle lamps. The plug that goes from the mirror to the car doesnt fit right, i had to cut it off, and start trying to match up wires
  6. G

Puddle lights

about a year ago, someone thought it would be every so kind to take a baseball bat to both my power mirrors at the mall. I was mad at first, but realized it was the perfect opportunity to put some much desired mirrors on with puddle lights(i love those things) I knew the plugs wouldn't be plug...
  7. G

Everyone asks this but...

my sending unit is fine, it is my actual guage that is corrupt. The one on the dash(I know for a fact, sending unit is fine, it is the actual instrument cluster itself). Ford house says i need to replace the whole instrument cluster,but i dont want to due to having one with different mileage...
  8. G

lee s : yah, i found that thread, thanks though, but i was asking if i only hook the unit up to the gas tank, if it would still function properly
  9. G

Holy -x-

I have a 1996 Explorer, and it used to have factory fender flares. Well, after 3 of the four being knocked off in parking lots, i decided to just take them completely off. Well, i have holes now. I dont mind the holes, but i was thinking of repainting my truck due to some vandalism a few months...
  10. G

Hi all. I have a 1996 Explorer. My gas gauge went out a while back, and i was wondering if i could just buy the center message center, and ONLY wire it up to the gas tank. Fordhouse said it would be extensive parts/labor to fix the guage, and i have found a message center for 20$, and didnt...
Back