Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Now the brakes

Too late. That sucker ran empty when I limped home.
  2. C

Now the brakes

Found the leak. It is the line from the rear left wheel to the differential. But even though: Shouldn't I still get some vacuum on the booster?
  3. C

Now the brakes

Got the coolant leak fixed and it runs lovely now. However, it doesn't stop. Took it out for its first spin after the repair. When I stepped on the brakes, the pedal fell through to the firewall. I have a tiny bit of break power left over. Just enough to limp back home with it. It leaks...
  4. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

Got a link to part numbers here: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1060284&cc=1119631&jnid=550&jpid=2
  5. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

Fixed. Thank you for your help.
  6. C

My want to sell my 94

If I were anywhere close to your place, I'd take it out of your hands right away. I wish mine was in that shape.
  7. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

Yeah. That'd be the worst nightmare. :eek: Thanks for the tips.
  8. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

Found that *******. The freeze plug in the head rusted through. Looking forward to see the face of the parts-store dude when I ask for a freeze plug (living in the Tropics, this is a hot-selling item). BTW: in case, I don't get the original: does anyone have a measurement of that thing...
  9. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

Thanks. Yes, everything points to the hose behind the alternator. Gonna check that in the morning. Thermostat housing is ok.
  10. C

Mystery leak (brutal)

A belated Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. My engine (94) is leaking. The water runs out just as I pour it into the radiator. Hoped first it'd be the water pump (thanks for the info on the fan clutch - it fits). But the problem is still there. Water is pouring out of the engine. When you...
  11. C

Fan Clutch Blues

Ah. Thank you very much. And it's dirt cheap ($23.79) to boot. :thumbsup:
  12. C

Fan Clutch Blues

Buenas, I have an issue with finding the right fan clutch for my 4.0 automatic Navajo. When I look up the part at Rockauto, they have different models, one as "reverse", the other without any note attached. How do I know which is the right one? Water pump has right hand thread. Any...
  13. C

94 Explorer Problem With Warm Starts

Nope, I meant drowned in gas. But I don't think that can happen with EFI engines.
  14. C

94 Explorer Problem With Warm Starts

Engine drowned?
  15. C

94 Exp Sport. Click... and thats it

Problem solved. It was the brush assembly. Truck starts now like a dream.
  16. C

How many miles does your Ex have?

94 Navajo - 119.222 miles. Besides the fuel pump all original (and the starter gave out today). I rarely have seen a more solidly built car one can afford. Even my old favourites, Mercedes 114/5 from 1968-76, weren't that robust.
  17. C

94 Exp Sport. Click... and thats it

Do you need to take the starter out to replace the brushes? Is it more difficult than just unscrew the cap, and then the brush assembly? Had about the same issue today. Went inside a store, came out, and the starter acted as if the battery was empty: a solid solenoid click, then the motor...
  18. C

Where is the ping?

Thanks! I'll have a look on the weekend. Bruce, the cost for the switch would be higher than the value of my truck ;)
  19. C

Where is the ping?

My Navajo developed a new phenomenon the last couple of days. Whenever I turn on the headlights while driving, the reminder ping goes of. Curiously it doesn't do that when it is supposed to do it (key off, headlights on). I don't drive often when it is dark, but that thing drives me nuts...
  20. C

Using Premium Fuel

Jason, from a study published by the Swiss EPA: http://www.empa.ch/plugin/template/empa/*/125527 (Preface in German, the rest is English) ;)
  21. C

Using Premium Fuel

It's true though. Ethanol has a very bad ecological balance - looked at the whole production chain. You need more energy to produce ethanol than ethanol actually contains.
  22. C

Using Premium Fuel

Jason, would you believe a treehugger when he told you that real treehuggers (who also understand the science behind it) don't like ethanol much? ;)
  23. C

Essential spare parts and checks for a 4k drive

I like your nick, btw ...what can go wrong?
  24. C

Essential spare parts and checks for a 4k drive

een heel goede middag - I'd get a bunch of fan belts, inner tubes for tires (plus the tools to fix them in the field), spark plugs/wires, thermostat, radiator cap, a big bucket of RTV, windshield foil, wiper blades, fuses, relays, fuel Filter, pump, maybe a spare ECM, but, most of all, I'd stay...
  25. C

bad alternater bad everything ?

Don't get me wrong, but I'm rather wondering what you are smoking.
Back