Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Strange creaking noise - almost behind steering column...

Hi All, I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited. It's been running fairly well but in the last week, I started noticing that upon initially accelerating, I can hear some creaking/knocking noise (like a old bed with springs sound) that seems to come from behind the steering column. It only lasts for...
  2. X

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Thanks for the quick reply Eyespy! I will have to sit down later tonight and really work through what you are saying but it sounds doable. Originally, I went to the dealership and they wanted $150 to first diagnose the problem. Then the part was about $350 taxes in and 3 hours to install. Add...
  3. X

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Sorry for reviving an old thread but my keypad is also defective. Some of the number don't work but others do. Just wondering how the install went, was it easy and was it only the DB5Z-7820555-AC part that was needed? Thanks
  4. X

Battery Life

Thank you for that explanation. Very informative. I did not know you could remove caps and add distilled water. Does replenishing the electrolyte effectively increase the CCA to higher levels? If yes, I will try that with the appropriate safety gear as well. Cheers X
  5. X

Battery Life

I don't understand what you mean by water covering the plates
  6. X

Battery Life

Thanks but my concern was BMS, not how to install a battery. But BMS is now solved so this case is pretty much closed.
  7. X

Battery Life

Forgot to mention that the the post that you quoted, in the first paragraph about the Battery State of Charge, it says that if the car is in sleep mode for 8 hours, BCM will execute calibration and that's how it will reset itself. So...no worries then for anyone trying to DIY battery replacement
  8. X

Battery Life

Thank you Peter for your quick reply. I decided not to have the dealership do it. Probably save myself $100. I've also watched a few DIY Ford videos and some of them say that you can force BMS reset w/ Forscan and ODB2 connected to PC or let the car sit for 8 hours.
  9. X

Battery Life

Hi Everyone, My vehicle is in the shop today for an oil change. 2013 Explorer Ltd. All is well except they told me that the battery test failed and is reading 350 cca. They are asking if I would like it changed parts, labour and tax would be $260 CDN. I find that pretty steep to change a...
  10. X

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Thanks Peter! I'll try that
  11. X

Securicode Keypad replacement Hey Guys, I have a 2013 Limited. Keypad lights up and responds to touch but I can't get any programmed codes to work. I also deleted the factory one (yes it is possible) by accident and will have to go in to get it reprogrammed. If I need the keypad changed...
  12. X

Securicode Keypad Help I have been trying to figure out why my Securicode keypad won't unlock/lock my doors. The pad lights up and even flashes after entering the wrong code several times so it appears that it is responding to touch. Anyway, I decided to go to the MFT settings and I entered...
  13. X

Cooled seats: how to tell if a Limited has them?

If you are able to power on the MFT, in the lower right quadrant of the screen, you should see icons for heated seats, cooled seats and steering wheel warmer. That's the best way to tell. In addition, I am inclined to agree with another poster that said that if the car has power folding...
  14. X

Rattling Noise from Pillar/Passenger Door??

FordServiceCA - still haven't heard back from you regarding the 'available options' you were speaking of TerryVanpool - that's a great idea. is there an explorer service manual that i can purchase or did you just youtube how to do that? Toucan - Strikers are tight - not the issue...
  15. X

It is all too annoying. I would get it fixed even if my warranty expires but I am having trouble locating exactly where it is coming from...
  16. X

Thanks LukerDooker for your suggestion to use Youtube to post the sound file. Here's the link if anyone cares to have a listen. https://youtu.be/jPbETlAZDFk Squirty That sounds pretty much like what I am hearing and the more I hear it, the more I suspect it comes from the door because...
  17. X

Thanks for all of those suggestions. The service tech definitely mentioned that it might be the fan but he played around with the climate control and we didn't hear anything different. He also looked outside at the passenger pillar because he said those have been known to fly right off but...
  18. X

It is definitely not window chatter or sunroof rattle as it is definitely localized to the passenger pillar/passenger door. The senior tech that rode w/ me told me that the door is about 80% plastic and it is highly unlikely that it would come from there. Is there a way to post the recording on...
  19. X

Hi Brittany, Thanks for the reply. My odometer reading is around 37000-38000 km but warranty expires mid-May. Would love to know if there are some options out there. Cheers X
  20. X

Hey Guys, About a month ago, my 13 Explorer started to rattle for periods at a time and then suddenly stop. The rattle seems to be coming from the passenger pillar/door but I have not yet been able to pinpoint it since nobody has experienced the sound while sitting in the passenger seat. It...
  21. X

2011 explorer rattle on startup only

Although my issue was on an Audi w/ 140K on it, what you are describing sounds exactly like the issue I had. I would start the car and there would be a brief rattle. Exact same sporadic timing as well but after a month of this, the rattle became prolonged and on pretty much every start up. The...
  22. X

Nav displayed traffic before...

That would explain Things! Thanks X
  23. X

Nav displayed traffic before...

Hi Everyone, I live in Canada and I have the A4 Nav in my 2013 Explorer. Anyway, a few months back, I noticed while driving that my map was displaying traffic using colour overlay like Google map does. It was even displaying areas under construction. If I programmed in a destination, it would...
  24. X

Winter tire shopping in Canada suck....

I always go to the US to get my tires but this is because I am close to the border. In Canada you can expect to spend about $1200+taxes just for the set of rubbers. If you buy in the US, you can save up to 40% off depending on the brand and model of the tire. What I did was go and buy 4 steel...
  25. X

how to leave keys in the car and use keyless entry

I do exactly what you describe all the time. I leave my fob in the centre console and use the securicode keypad to lock the doors. My only concern is if the battery dies, I can't get in the car since the keypad is the only way to unlock. The other concern which is less so is that if someone...
Back