Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Rearview Camera Problems

You are very welcome! I'm glad it all worked out for you.
  2. D

Rearview Camera Problems

Wow. That dealership is nuts. The Ford badge doesn't even come close to being touched. If you ever need service, I think I would suggest a different dealership because they are either inept or trying to take in some extra cash.
  3. D

Rearview Camera Problems

I would recommend replacing it yourself. It's an easy fix that takes about 15 minutes. You can expect to pay around $100 for the camera. You can find it through various dealerships online. The dealer quoted me $70 to have the module reprogrammed for the camera to show the static backup lines...
  4. D

Rearview Camera Problems

I haven't taken it in yet. It may be a while before I have an opportunity. However, the service rep told me it would be $70.
  5. D

Rearview Camera Problems

Well, I received the new rear camera today and installed it. The Explorer now has an operational camera. The fixed guidance lines are, however, gone. So, apparently you have to make a trip to the dealership to get even the fixed lines back. Bummer.
  6. D

Rearview Camera Problems

Thanks, peterk9. I appreciate it. Now I just need to track down the part number for a 2012 camera just in case I have to order one. Thanks again.
  7. D

Rearview Camera Problems

Well, I believe I found in another post that even for the stationary lines to appear it requires dealer programming. Ugh.
  8. D

Rearview Camera Problems

The camera on my wife's Explorer has gone out and is showing the "camera not available" message that so many others have mentioned here. It was a sudden death, not a gradual one as some have described. I tried the fuse scenario and the APIM had already been replaced under the extended warranty...
  9. D

GPS Module Fails

Peterk9, Thank you for the link to the thread. I will check it out.
  10. D

GPS Module Fails

I was wondering if anyone has had their GPS module go out and, if so, have you replaced it yourself. Does the module require any sort of programming? My GPS module went out after having the car only two years. It cost $795 to have the Navigation feature added to Sync to begin with. Now the...
Back