Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

03 Cruise Problem

My vehicle had the same problem. Although mine is a 1999 Explorer sport. All of the sudden one day, my cruise control stopped working. When I would turn it on and try to set the speed, the CC light on the gauge cluster would quickly blink on the off, just once. Every once in a while, it...
  2. B

Alternator Pulley?

Idler Pulley Have you determined the source of your problem yet? My '99 was doing the same bird chirp thing and my mechanic narrowed it down to the Idler Pulley. $30 part. Just remove Belt, and its bolt off / bolt on. Pretty easy, and CHEAP fix. Just my 2 cents.
  3. B

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Actually, its not too late. I'm going to check that out, and see what I can find. Thanks for all the input, you guys are tremendous! Thanks, Brandon
  4. B

Ok, I think this should be my last question. If the filter gets warm when its running, that means its hooked up properly, right? :)
  5. B

So, if I tapped the line after the radiator cooler (the return line) I would have hosing going from the radiator to the "in" part on my filter and then have the "out" hose connecting to the transmission line? Thanks for all your help :)
  6. B

Excellent information guys. I''m going to try doing that, I'll get up early in the AM and head to ACE Hardware and pick up a tubing cutter and get to work. Thanks for your feedback, you guys are life savers. On a side note, in the pics I provied, does anyone know for certain that the top...
  7. B

I appreciate the feedback. My system doesn't have any rubber hosing in it. Its straight from the transmission to the cooler and back to the transmission via hardline all the way through. I guess my next question would be any recomendations on how to go about cutting the hardline? Thank you!
  8. B

Problem with install I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I figured this is "the" thread on installation of these filters. I'm pretty sure I've found the transmission lines going into the cooler properly: http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/sundrop987/DSCF0012.JPG...
  9. B

Getting a new Gauge Cluster

I'm getting a new gauge cluster for my Ex, but I want to be honest and ensure that it gets rolled to the current mileage. Will they do this at a dealership? If not, where can I get it done? Thank you!
  10. B

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Thanks for this incredible write-up. I had run into some problems and after looking at these detailed instructions, it was a breeze. It was a godsend. The reverse G2 Indiglo gauges look amazing! Thanks so much! -=Brandon=-
Back