Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Why do belts squeal? They squeal because the different pulleys are spinning at different speeds. By lubricating the pulleys, you take out the cause of the noise. Whether you use white lube (which I recommended) or soap, you're accomplishing the same goal. When I use white lube, it...
  2. X

Ambient lighting

I guess I'll need to get with the dealer to find out if they'll even sell it to me. Then bring it back to get the MFT connection/activation...
  3. X

Ambient lighting

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  4. X

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Years ago, when I was a Chevy dealer mechanic, we used to put a little white lube on the belt PULLIES (not directly on the belt). This kept the belts from squeeling. I've been doing it ever since, with excellent results.
  5. X

Ambient lighting

Interior Light Kit We want to get the Interior Light Kit # CL8Z-13E700-AA. I'm confident in my abilities to do the install; but I'm wondering if this also requires some computer work to "turn it on". This on a 2014 XLT. Anyone know if this is a DIY project??
  6. X

New user

Hello All, I've been owning fords of various incarnations since the early 70's. First was a 1950 2 door Flat Head six (Love to have that now...). Also, currently have a 2004 F250 4x4. Traded in a 2002 Mazda Tribute (Escape) on the new 2014 Explorer. Do my own repairs except for Front End...
Back