Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Anyone Interested In Custom Exhaust?

It will certainly get looks if it's got the right sound. I've had several people tell me that I couldn't get a dual exhaust setup on mine as well, but I did. You just have to do a little custom bending, but it's very do-able. I ran into problems on the passenger side because of the gas...
  2. W

There is some noticeable drone, but it's not overwhelming. I mainly noticed mine at high rpms running less than 30mph. I also have a dual exhaust, so that's something to consider. Your setup might be quieter. I personally think it sounds great, and even though I did this about 2 years...
  3. W

How to: 3rd Gen LED Halo Headlight Mod

It would be nice if this stayed easy to find. Good write up. Definitely on my to-do list.
  4. W

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to show you what type of tone you can get with this exhaust. Here is my custom exhaust on my 2003 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 (This is a single inlet, dual outlet exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with round 2inch chrome tips.) Hope...
  5. W

DIY Heated seat kit.

Winter is approaching fast and I know everyone's Explorer isn't equipped with factory heated seats. However, heated seats aren't very far out of your grasp. I don't have the time to do my own in-depth DIY write up on heated seat conversions, but the following video should suffice. (I ran...
  6. W

DIY Heated seat kit.

Winter is approaching fast and I know everyone's Explorer isn't equipped with factory heated seats. However, heated seats aren't very far out of your grasp. I don't have the time to do my own in-depth DIY write up on heated seat conversions, but the following video should suffice. (I ran across...
  7. W

Hear a clicking sound? Read this.

Yes, this was very noticeable (even with the windows up). The parking brake shoes rusted to the point to where they would no longer stay in place. The clicking sound was caused by the shoes rubbing and bouncing on the inside of the rotor. Sorry for the confusion. It was poorly worded. I...
  8. W

changing the factory steering wheel to an aftermarket

I'm curious if you could swap a 4th or 5th gen explorer steering wheel with a 3rd gen. I've tried to find the answer to this with no luck. If anyone knows if this is possible, I (and several others) would greatly appreciate it. If you just want to give your existing wheel a different look...
  9. W

turn signal mirrors???

I would also like to know if these would fit. If anyone has an answer, we would greatly appreciate it.
  10. W

Strange clicking on the front end

I recently had a loud clicking sound that varied with speed coming from the rear end. It didn't start until about 5mph and stopped around 20mph. Anytime I got in that range it started clicking again. If you are having a similar problem, my advice to you is to first check your parking brake...
  11. W

Hear a clicking sound? Read this.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and figured I'd share one of my recent experiences in the hopes of helping one of you guys out. I recently had a noticeably loud clicking sound that varied with speed coming from the rear end. It didn't start until about 5mph and stopped around 20mph...
  12. W

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

I imagine it makes some difference, but not a whole lot. I let mine dry between coats and plugged them in to test them. I settled for 3 coats and was very happy with the outcome. I also tinted my father in law's Ranger taillights (used 2 heavy coats, so it was about the same as my 3 light...
  13. W

I've had pretty good success with the Plasti-Dip. It's been on for over a month so far and been through several washes without any problems. I did hit a rock and had a small hole "peel" off. I used my fingers and pressed down the edges of the tear and sprayed more Plasti-Dip on. To my surprise...
  14. W

I know this was quite a while ago, but I just wanted to add some input. I would not suggest doing the step bars. While this stuff holds up well (assuming it's been applied correctly) I don't think it could take the abuse of your feet. Also worth noting that if you tear one hole in the plasti-dip...
  15. W

Cylinder Misfire - Tried everything I can think of?

You're welcome, and that's true. I was just trying to save the time and effort associated with changing your injectors. I don't think their is a happy medium when it comes to injectors, they either work or they don't. They could have an increasing buildup of deposits over time, which could...
  16. W

Solution for faded Pillars

Thanks man. I ordered them off eBay a few years back. I want to say I paid around $20 for the set.
  17. W

Something else you could try (if you don't mind spending ~$60) is go to Valvoline and have them clean your fuel injection system. Made a big difference in my truck and got rid of the small hesitation I had. It was unreal how much black smoke was coming out of my exhaust (gunk they cleaned out)...
  18. W

Solution for faded Pillars

Mine did the same thing. I just Plasti-Dipped them. Only $6 for a can.
  19. W

Be careful when using Seafoam. It works wonders on cleaning all that gunk out, but I've heard from several mechanics that it can actually foul some of your plugs. I've never tested it personally, but I've always been told to run a whole can in a tank with less than 1/4 tank of gas and before you...
  20. W

Black out my Explorer?

Here's some pictures of mine for some inspiration. I tinted the tail lights, Painted the grill, and plasti-dipped my wheels, pillars, and Explorer badge flat black. I personally like the way it turned out. I'm considering installing Halos on my headlights and painting the inside of the housing...
  21. W

New here & just wanted to say...

Thanks guys!
  22. W

How to: How To: Transfer Case Fluid Change (Photo thread)

Thanks! I did this myself thanks to you.
  23. W

New here & just wanted to say...

Thanks to all the Explorer Forum members who post helpful information for the do-it-yourself crowd. You've helped me out several times, and I greatly appreciate it. Since I've been on the forum a few times I figured I'd go ahead and register. I own a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT (4.0L V6, 4WD)...
Back