Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

What happened to adaptive cruise control on 2014s?

I was also caught by the 302a option when I bought my 2014 Explorer LTD last year. I was assured more than once by the salesperson that my vehicle was fitted with the adaptive cruise control option but sadly that was not the case. On the test drive in heavy traffic the salesperson did not...
  2. G

Not 100% happy with my new Explorer.

Just back from my friendly Ford dealer - the coffee is really good but the advice about my fuel consumption problem sucks! I am now told to wait until I have between 10000 km and 15000 km before I should expect an improvement in the mileage; assured that all sorts of wonders await me just around...
  3. G

2013 vs. 2014

I am averaging 15.5 mpg (US), very disappointed!
  4. G

My thanks to everyone that has replied to my thread, it has been most instructive. I am booked in for a service at Ford this coming Tuesday and am going to bring up the poor performance issue with them. I will post something about it later next week.
  5. G

I have the V6 AWD Limited version with about 2500 miles. I do expect that the fuel economy will improve a little when the engine wears in but am not holding my breath that it will come close to the advertised consumption. I was very happy with my 2010 V6 Escape, the gas mileage was right on the...
  6. G

I am not happy with my new 2014 Explorer LTD. I am amazed at the difference in the fuel consumption promised by Ford in their brochure (27 mpg) and the actual consumption I am getting (12.8 mpg). The roads where I live are flat, I do not drive aggressively, so there is no excuse I can find for...
Back