Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Nitto NT421Qs vs Yokohama Parada Spec-X

Without knowing the compound of the NT421Q, i would not call it a true all weather tire like the Nokian WRG series which uses a special low temp rubber and also has the mountain snowflake symbol to stated its rated for severe winter conditions. I think the NT421Q would handle snow better than...
  2. E

My tires are Nitto NT421Q, installed April 22 at 34,000 km and I put on 13,000 km before changing over to my Blizzaks.
  3. E

Nittos I put the 275 45R20 nittos you are talking about on my Limited in may and in August did a tour of the mountains of BC and to Vancouver island. I ran the tires in 38C temperatures, crazy rain at 120 kph, and speeds upto 150 kph. These tires handled the wet roads awesome, four runners...
  4. E

Plasti dipped grille

I just found one on ebay that was close and cheap.
  5. E

Plasti dipped grille

Looks good. I did mine a different way, but a similar result. I ordered a chrome insert, coated the insert and installed coated piece on the Explorer. Pictures you ask? Well, of course. The insert has about 5 coats, and the whole process took about an hour. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes...
  6. E

2014 Black Grill Overlay?

That looks awesome. Is that the actual grille coated? I was thinking of taking one of the chrome grill inserts from Ebay and coating it.
  7. E

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Best bet would be to go right to 18" Rims and tires. I wish I had done that with the Edge too. But hindsight is 20/20. Here is what my ride looks like with the winter rims and tires.
  8. E

The black steel rims looked very odd on the Edge and they were the same price as the black steel rims. I had no issues with the setup on my Edge Sport. IF the alloys did not work, I would have gone with steel rims as I think they look good on the Explorer. I was lucky I did not have to go and...
  9. E

I just wanted to add my experience to the information posted here in regards to winter tires, as it helped me. I used to have a 2011 Edge Sport with those really, really nice 22" rims, but in the winter I changed over to a set of winter tires. I traded into a 2013 Explorer Limited in June...
Back