Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rearview Camera Problems

I tried an ebay special with a part number of EB5Z-19G490-A at $210.00 without it working at all. Returned the camera, received my refund and remembered I have Geico: (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance $39.90/every 6 months Deductible: $250 Covers auto repairs due to a mechanical failure.) I had...
  2. C

Auto Start-Stop Technology

Is FORScan the dealership method? No matter, thats great to know! Thanks! Buzz
  3. C

Auto Start-Stop Technology

I built and priced a 2020 ST just now. I noticed the engine information said it has the dreaded "auto start-stop technology." Does anyone know if this feature can be deactivated? If so, does it need to be deactivated every time you initially start the vehicle or can you permanently get rid of...
  4. C

Tuners in general

Heads up: Had an issue with my ride acting up between 5k-6k rpms. Torrie at Unleashed Tuning told me a couple reasons why it might be acting up. They were great tips! I went back to stock plugs instead of the one step colder plugs which at first might have been the issue. In the process of...
  5. C

Found This Part In The Garage-Any Idea?

update: that plug came out again. teetering between the V-6 area's intake manifold. went to grab it-poof! dropped down into the cavity from hell. Might as well be in the center of the earth. Anyhow...went to the local ford dealer today and low and behold they are ordering a new throttle...
  6. C

thanks for the scoop! It took two watch magnifiers to make out that part number. Buzz
  7. C

Think it was a generic part number for a minor part for the whole throttle body assembly. Shoulda taken a pic of what was inside that area. Was a screwdriver blade type protrusion. No oil or liquid in sight. The o-ring must be a dust seal. Not a part I usually deal with - im a "DIYer" for...
  8. C

Thanks for the quick reply! Those two topics you added makes sense. I took the plastic engine cover off the explorer just now and found the orifice where it goes! Part of the throttle body. Makes sense since I was messing with that area earlier today but did not physically touch that...
  9. C

Part Looks relatively fresh/new. I have a 13 focus,09 escape and a 14 fusion. Have a 14 Explorer Sport I was working on-Cleaning out the carbon with Sea Foam utilizing the aerosol can/intake manifold method. After I pulled the explorer out I found this part. I cant seem to find a spot where...
  10. C

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Just a FYI While at the oil change garage today, I noticed the two open end hoses that I had open to the atmosphere were oozing with a little bit of oil residue. I will be reinstalling these hoses as soon as the engine cools down. I dont want that residual oil to start cooking on exhaust...
  11. C

User reviews on HID kits (consolidated)

I have changed out the fog lights. The off and on issue of the original fog lights is probably from user error. The tape job I did on the old exposed portion of the ballast to hold the two connectors together looked very suspect when I saw for the first time. I did a much thorough job this...
  12. C

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I am not reading through all of these posts since so many are repeating the same details over and over and over again. I am curious if anyone else has received that class action suit letter from Ford about this issue? I did and it states to do nothing at this time if I want to be added to the...
  13. C

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Waited about 45 days for the warranteed moonroof roller/motor to arrive at the dealership. After the install the headliner looks as good as when I left it and no more Squeeks! It was worth the wait!
  14. C

Help me find the mass airflow sensor!

I live in Florida. Im screwed 10 months out of the year anyways.
  15. C

New Explorer Exterior Burning Smell

+1 Lol. Happens with all new cars. Funny thread. Watch out for those walmart bags!
  16. C

Exactly Mike, when I would attend car shows with my Roush Mustangs, I knew that most junk that is shiny under the hood only won me trophys by standing still, not winning races. I used to be a billet/ CAI freak. Although the CAI for stangs are capable of delivering real HP, it is not...
  17. C

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Still waiting on the part to arrive. Really? I have ordered parts from Ford about a hundred times through the years. Never wait this long. Since last week of Novemeber. Buzz
  18. C

Coolbulbs kit flickering?

Hope it works LMK Buzz
  19. C

'Oh, you are a Patriots fan...explains alot! :D
  20. C

I have the exact same ride as you with Coolbulbs...strange Buzz
  21. C

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Looks like a nice kit from what I read. I just posted on the FOG HID thread. I am gonna stay with the coolbulbs til I trade the Stead in. Tell me how it works out-no matter what kit you go with. Buzz
  22. C

First of all, dont worry about the MAF location. Second, see if you can return that CAI. There are numerous threads about the CAI adding zero or even robbing your ride of HP/TQ. If you like to take your EX to a car show, which probably would be a first-go for it! From what I read...
  23. C

HID Install - Fogs +Pics

Just replaced the FOG ballasts. I think the reason why the fogs were intermittent is due to the fact of probably two issues. The first is that the white 3M double sided tape to hold the ballast in place failed and the unit as well as the ignitor box were laying against the fender well and...
  24. C

New Explorer Exterior Burning Smell

Keep in mind that the infamous Walmart plastic bag and similar can wreck havoc in your nose membrane after running over one of those "harmless" bags. It is next to impossible to remove that bag once it is melted onto any part of your engine/exhaust hot spots. You have to usually let many...
  25. C

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I do know that if a auto light product you buy does not have DOT approved stamped/printed on the part it is not street legal. That said, you will find that many aftermarket parts that you can buy legally at a price less expensive than other parts is due to the cheaper cost of not having them...
Back