Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel Filler Tube Warning Light

Hi I don't have one, but maybe this video will help
  2. D

reverse sensors

Check this video out.... This guy has a lot of Ford fixit tips and maybe this one will help. Good luck
  3. D

2010 Explorer front seat headrests.

I went with the 5th gen headrests Found brand new black ones on eBay for $65.00.
  4. D

2007 Ford Explorer

Never tried it myself, but here is a link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167862
  5. D

Where in the world is that keyless code?

If you have a 2010 there is a thread on here which detail how to systematically go through code until you find yours. Otherwise I do not believe the code can be found in the car. 2009 was the last year they put it on the fusebox under the driver side. If I find the old post, I'll update my...
  6. D

Humming while driving 45+ mph

Sounds like wheel bearing/hubs. Heres a previous link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366194&page=2
  7. D

2008 explorer Eddie Bauer need key code

You are correct. Us a smartphone with front facing camera -slid it up the side of the box -and you can see the # without removing anything. there are a number of threads on this and you should be able to find a few youtube video's also. If by chance it is not there, there is also a few...
  8. D

New Tuner By Diablo

Has anyone use the Diablo i-Tune 1000 with a 2010 Mercury mountaineer 4.6L v8? Their website does not show it as being supported. (But does have the 2010 Explorer listed)
  9. D

Keyless Entry Code

On my 2010 there is no code on the fusebox. I believe they stop after 2009. Ford Dealer near me wanted $130.00 So the only way I found to get my code was this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...0&postcount=23 found mine 2/3 of the way down page one. (Goes quick once you get...
  10. D

Drive train noise at lower speeds

Not sure when you purchase your X, but the 2010 has a 5 yr 60k powertrain warrantee.... You should be covered.
  11. D

color option question

Here a link to the 2010 Explorer Brochure. About 5 pages in you'll see the black seats with Tan pillars http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=2010&postalCode=
  12. D

PCM location on a 2010 4.6l V8 Mountaineer

Hi All, I'm trying to find the location of the PCM "Box Code" on the 4.6L v8 engine on the 2010 Mercury Mountaineer. (Assume it is the same as the 2010 Explorer) Any help would be appreciated. Found diagrams for the v6 but appears the v8 is in a different location. Thanks, Chris
  13. D

Shopping for an Explore..

One of the nice things about buying a used ford, is that you can look up the original sticker online. So if you want to know if the explorer you are looking at has the tow package get the VIN number off the dealers web site and look it up. There is a number of threads on here telling how to...
  14. D

Wanted Personal Entry Code.

Munchie, thanks replying, I have a 2010 Mercury mountaineer and my sticker looks like this one.. which was posted in another thread. So I don't see a 5 digit code. I tried different combinations of the number on the bottom right, with no luck.
  15. D

Wanted Personal Entry Code.

Which number on the sticker is the code? So looking at the picture under the dash, which number on the sticker is the code. Apologizes if I'm being a little slow, but I managed to get a picture of the sticker but there isn't a 5 digit code. Thanks
  16. D

Looking to buy 2008 v8 ironman

Hi, I'm about to buy a 2008 Explorer Ironman and i have a couple of questions. What issues should i be looking for? What modifications should i look to do to it? The fake chrome gas cap which comes on it, how easy is it to find a replacement? (The one one it is very weathered) Thank...
Back