Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Completed Project jamest's "RE-SAS"

Can you post some additional pictures of your radius arms? I'm thinking about building a set for myself.
  2. Z

RustENutz's Waggy D44 swap!

Top notch work as usual! Looks really good.
  3. Z

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Where did you find the solid steel stock?
  4. Z

Lookin' good man!
  5. Z

Section525 - SAS D44 - Page 2 (Finishing... maybe)

Any plans for a rear bumper? It seems like you'd get a ticket for not having one and not having tag lights.
  6. Z

Nice bling! Did you get new axle shafts/u-joints for the front yet?
  7. Z

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

I'd get another stock long side inner and stub shaft along with a Spicer 760X u-joint and tack weld the caps in and see how that goes before I would spend piles of money on chromo shafts and high zoot u-joints, but that's just me. Oh, and leave it locked!
  8. Z

Completed Project Kirby's Navajo Next Level

Kirby, great pics man! Looks like your wristed radius arm is really working hard on those trails and freeing up a lot of flex.
  9. Z

92 ford ranger sas

Looks pretty good, but I have a few questions. First, how much did you drop the front coil buckets. Second, do you plan on moving you're front axle any farther forward as it looks to be about in stock position. Third, what brake lines did you use? Fourth, do you plan to keep the body lift and...
  10. Z

MyNameIsAric's 98 FULL width SAS

Keeping or removing the body lift?
  11. Z

95exploderboy's Full Width SAS

Very impressive! How's the D44 holding up?
  12. Z

nobodyspecials Explorer Build (Fullwidth D44/9")

Interesting.....the cab might have been swapped onto that frame or the axle swapped into the truck. I didn't think the open knuckle, ball joint HP D44s came until about 1974.
  13. Z

nobodyspecials Explorer Build (Fullwidth D44/9")

I wouldn't use the D44 out of the 71 unless you plan on narrowing it and converting the outers to balljoints from kingpins.
  14. Z

Which shafts? Inners, outers?
  15. Z

Yomie's D30 SAS

x2
  16. Z

How much tire can a dana 44 handle.

37's with stock shafts and a light rig, 38's with chromos and good joints or a lot of spare shafts.
  17. Z

ReDLiNeZL's S.A.S. 96 Ranger 4 Banger Mud Bog Truck

Looks good, but I'd take out the body lift now that you've done the SAS since it looks like you now have plenty enough lift for the 36's.
  18. Z

Damarble's 01 Sport, coil sprung HP D30 SAS, SOA, 33s, 4.56s, lockers

Yikes! Guess it'll be time for that HP D44 sooner than you thought!
  19. Z

1991 XLT D44/Ford 9 swap

Um, OK:rolleyes:
  20. Z

1991 XLT D44/Ford 9 swap

Hate to burst your bubble, but that leaf pack is gonna be crazy stiff.
  21. Z

ExplorerII

Looks great man, nicely done! I'm also curious to see how you liked or disliked the shorter wheel-base.
  22. Z

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

I have one, but it already has a mini-spool installed in it. It's super easy to remove though in favor of the Aussie Locker. I'll Pm you and see what we can work out.
  23. Z

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

Yes, just find a set of axle shafts that are the same length and they will swap right in, problem solved.
  24. Z

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

If worse comes to worse you can cut the center out of the backing plates you have and weld them into some others. I've done this before with good results.
Back