Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

O/D button repair or replace ?

So if any of you were in my situation what would you do? I haven't been able to locate just a shift lever on eBay only steering columns.Can I buy a new one thru a local parts store or should I go thru Ford dealer. If anybody has a wiring diagram and knows how to repair instead of replacing can u...
  2. 4

Here in WV can't have any lights in dash on,ABS,MIL can't be lit.Even the windows have to go up and down.Some inspection stations even check darkness of window tint,darkest it can be is 35% but there's more places that don't check it than places that do.
  3. 4

The back up lights have to work in order to pass inspection here in WV,and fuse #27 is good.I just wasn't sure if it would be easier to replace the complete steering column rather than try this or try that and end up still replacing the cruise buttons and shift lever anyways.These two minor...
  4. 4

Im know the rear def and b/u lights work because it did just pass inspection.I was pretty much thinking the same thing about the wiring in the column being pinched and or broken. So my question is this: Is it easier to replace the shifter with a new one-havent found just the lever by itself used...
  5. 4

2000 Explorer O/D button doesn't work.Should I repair it or is it better/easier to just replace the shift lever ? Found a couple complete steering columns on eBay for less than $150 with key.So would it be easier to replace the lever or just whole column ?
  6. 4

2000StreetRod's Helpful thread list

Need instructions and/or possibly a wiring diagram on troubleshooting the od button on the end of the shifter for an 01 Explorer,or is it easier to just buy a new one and replace it? Currently cannot turn off od any help is greatly appreciated.
  7. 4

2000 XLS Overheating

OK Ill try it tomorrow. Im used to filling the upper hose first on Chevy Blazers and full-size trucks before filling rad or recovery bag but the upper hose on this isn't at top of rad like on other trucks its a lil ways from the top.It does miss a lil bit when it first starts so still gonna do a...
  8. 4

2000 XLS Overheating

Just bought a 2000 XLS with the OHV 4.0 and with a thermostat it will overheat but have no heat,without the thermostat it doesn't overheat but has heat.First Ford I've owned and only paid $200 for it.Update....pulled thermostat which is brand new,filled with water/at started up started running...
Back