Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help! Green Blood...

Bad radiator still? One more possibility is that the installed radiator is bad. Mine was replaced two years ago and the new one leaked within a week, but only when it was cold. Once it was warmed up it would seal itself and the car repair place could find nothing wrong. I would have to top it...
  2. S

Overheating problem; PLEASE HELP!!!

Overheat suggestions A trick that works on my 1991 Navajo is to pinch the upper radiator hose. There is a noticaeable difference in the amount of effort required to squeeze the hose when the thermostat opens. It doesn't guarantee correct flow but tells you when the thermostat opens and the pump...
  3. S

Mystery Part

Mystery part is still a mystery Here it is November and despite multiple views, the purpose of my mystery part is still unknown. My daughter's boyfriend believes it to be some sort of vaccum accumulator for an air inlet damper. The small (5mm) diameter hoses have become brittle and easily snap...
  4. S

Mystery Part

While changing spark plugs on my 91 Mazda Navajo, I noticed a broken piece of black tubing running from a capsule looking thingie on the evaporator. It's under the number 3 in the Typical engine compartment layout - 4.0L pushrod V6 picture on page 1-3 of Haynes. I suspect it has something to do...
  5. S

drive belt tension pulley fails

tensioner breakage This happened to my 91 Mazda Navajo. It gave me fair warning for several months which I ignored because I thought it was the water pump. I was waiting for the leak before replacing. Eventually the tension pulley seized and wore through the belt. The belt broke, but not before...
  6. S

Brake Booster Grommet

The grommet for the vacuum line on my brake booster deteriorated a couple of years ago. In the interim I've patched with sealant, caulk, GOOP, etc. Eventually the patch cracks and I have to add something else. Has anyone replaced this grommet and where did the replacement come from?
Back