Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2004 xlt Rebuilt Trans Down but cause is unclear

Thank you for the extra TBS documents. I found the Servo Bore but not the others. Cheers,
  2. S

I will look up the TSB's. Thank you.
  3. S

2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x2 4.0 Engine 5R55S Transmission Last June I had my transmission rebuilt at approx 147,000 and now with approx 159, 000 I am down again. The system which brought me back to the shop was the o/d light flashing in addition to the check engine light. When the pan...
  4. S

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

just finished putting in my new blend door. Your write up was a bit help. I had no need to cut anything but wish I was a wee bit smaller in my own frame as I am a tight fit to get the work done under the dash.
  5. S

Transmission: New, Re-built, or Re-manufacutered?

Many thanks Imp and Saltking. It I will make sure i get the right fluid. It seems a deeper pan is not possible due to and obstruction under the truck for the 2004 model.
  6. S

What does a brass servo sleeve add vs the aluminum? Definitely going with a new torque converter.
  7. S

I thought Dextron was the preferred fluid for Ford? After a "re-built" or "re-manufactured" trans has been installed is there a better fluid? I was going to ask them about using synthetic. Also, I read on the forum that a larger aluminum pan would be a great addition, however, the 2004...
  8. S

Good advice. I did check on the ATRA web site even though this shop has been open for over 40 years.
  9. S

I had a friend check who can buy as a dealer. $2400 was the wholesale price down from $2600 retail. The odd thing is that the Ford Dealers here in Cincinnati actually buy the rebuilds from local shops and not Ford.
  10. S

I have come to the dreaded day of having to figure out what is the best bet for my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 2WD, 5R55S trans. I need to have the transmission fixed or replaced. There are so many choices between "New", "Rebuilt", and "Remanufactured" that I thought some advice would be good as I...
  11. S

Locking Fuel Cap Part Number

Many thanks for the reply. It is just weird that the fuel cap design for the Ford explorer will not fit my vehicle. There must have been a modification made by a prior owner.
  12. S

Locking Fuel Cap Part Number

I drive a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 VS Gas and have had a heck of a time finding a locking fuel cap. Every time I do any kind of search with Motorcraft or an auto parts re-seller of Motorcraft they give me the part code :XU5Z-9030-HC. It does not fit as that part does not have any grooves...
Back