Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Good Morning, I too struggled with my power steering on my 14 Explorer Sport but my problem was that the steering felt tight and choppy. The dealership reset the computer, replaced the electric steering and double checked all the joints. I was told that that was the way the electric steering...
  2. F

Cold air intake box

hi, will Ford still honour the vehicle warranty if I replace the stock air filter with a cold air intake box? Thanks
  3. F

Electronic Steering Control

Thanks Peter, the steering "feel" is to tight. Adjusting the computer is interesting. Do you think a dealership will tweak the computer to suit my driving style? Right now I cannot turn the wheel with one finger.. My 15 Mustang has a steering adjustment dial. I like the sport setting, but...
  4. F

Electronic Steering Control

good day, I encountered a steering problem on my 2014 explorer sport. It got very tight/heavy. The dealership reluctantly changed the electronic steering control (ESC) and some improvement was felt. However it is still tight/heavy. Question: can the ESC be adjusted, since it is...
  5. F

Tsb

Hi, can someone post the link to technical service bulletins. Thanks
  6. F

QUESTION - Would a 17" OEM Steel Wheel fit on the Sport model?

They are definitely 17 inch rims. And they could be from the base model. Buying from Ford is the way to go because they built the truck
  7. F

QUESTION - Would a 17" OEM Steel Wheel fit on the Sport model?

Greetings, last week the Ford dealership installed 17 inch steel rims and tires. They fit fine.
  8. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

For about $1,700 the dealership is installing a set of 17 inch BFG snow tires on steel rims with the TPMS included for my 14 Sport. After shopping around this price was competitive. Plus buying from the dealership, they will program the TPMS. One stop shopping. If you buy tires and rims with...
  9. F

How's the Sport in winter weather?

Are folks putting TPMS on there winter tires and rims? In Canada that adds $300 to the bill
  10. F

Block Heater

Eccoboost engine block heater I recently received my 14 Explorer Sport. Does it have a block heater as standard equipment? Or do I need to have one installed? Or is the engine Just fine in cold weather? Thanks
Back