Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

03 Explorer Sport XLS Cruise Control Install

That is a little shocking, my XLS 03 (non-sport) has cruise control built in. I would have figured yours would have had it since it a higher model.
  2. N

Is this normal???

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm For all your recall and TSB needs. :) FYI, my truck came back from the repairs: Replaced the rear differential casing for the whirling sound @ 50 to 70 mph. - They tried to fixed it but ended up ordering a new revision...
  3. N

Is this normal???

I know all about the parking pawl, and yes I do know it is really small and holds the entire weight of the truck. I didn't deny the use of the e-brake. I can't say I always use it but whenever I park on an incline I do. I figure if the truck rolls back with the e-brake then thats less liability...
  4. N

Is this normal???

Aside from the e-brake, which is totally correct btw, I have the same issue. It has been taken to the shop 3 times now for the same problem. In the shop now for the same issue. I dropped it off before going on vacation. The have replaced the tranny fluid/filters, couple of solinoids and the...
  5. N

Mobil1 Extended Performance oil

Will do. Exactly why i wanted some feedback. :-)
  6. N

Mobil1 Extended Performance oil

I just bought a 5 qrt can of mobil 1 extended performance oil and was wondering if anyone else had used it and with what oil filter? (got a fram extended life one) I was just curious how real this stuff was or if it was overactive marketing?
  7. N

04 Explorer Transmission issue

I checked out and same issues as my 2003. I was wondering if any one tried to going to different dealerships? How many times will we go through this before this is fixed.
  8. N

04 Explorer Transmission issue

It is not normal!!!!! And you are not alone. This seems to be an issue with 2002 +. I will be taking my 03 now for 3rd time repairs on the same issue <- only 23k. At 10k, took it in, had the clunking, slow shift into gears (R to D or D to R). The was also a whistling, whirling sound at 55 to...
  9. N

Which Shocks are Best replacement

I am interested to see which ones you get. Let us know along with your results. I have an 03 and looking to get some replacements soon.
  10. N

Paint Chips, Ding.

Thanks for the speedy reply. All I really care is that the paint chips at least match the color. Doesnt have to be perfect. I will probably do this as weekend project sometime when it doesnt decide to rain... Yeah when I took it in, the guy was like well this is weird, he tried to blame me for...
  11. N

Paint Chips, Ding.

Well suffice it to say I have had paint issues on my Explorer since Day 1. A chip on the passanger door, paint eaten away on the same side (right) quarter panel. Luckly the dealership fixed all theses. Well now i have the pain chipping on the hood and what not, dealership thinking it is...
  12. N

Advice (newbie) Air Cabin Filter.

Yeah we don;t, apparently a typo according to my dealership. Now the new question is why do 40% of the fleet have them and we don't. After all this is the best selling SUV is it not?
  13. N

I checked my owners manual. It has it in the milage checks but it does not say how or where to do it. I guess I will have to break down and call ford. I checked autozone and o 'riellys and advanced parts. They have N/A for the part. Thanks, john
  14. N

Any takers? :cool:
  15. N

I have an XLS 2003 and was wondering do these come with air cabin filters? I have been looking for one but no one seems to make any. I thought all cars came with one? If it does where is it located and do you know where I can get a replacement? Trying to avoid dealership.
  16. N

thumping sound 2003 xlt

I am not sure if this helps any but I had similiar problems. Turns out the rear differntial was fried. They replaced it with a complete new one, also the tranny had been out of alignment, and was missing dare I say fluid. How? I mean the thing is sealed right? Well they fixed that and played...
Back