Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Optima Batteries

The optima redtop just failed on my Honda Accord.. after less than 1year of use
  2. R

Optima Batteries

I have recently bought 2 brand new Optima batteries and they both are working flawlessly on 2 of my vehicles (Honda Accord and Odyssey). One is a red top and the other is the Yellow top.
  3. R

Optima Batteries

I love the Optima batteries, so far have purchased 4 of them, 2 of them currently in use. The other 2 I have had them work for over 13years, and still passable. My 2014 Explorer has one of those cheaper interstate batteries and keeps discharging faster than Id want it to. My question is, which...
  4. R

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

It looks like we lose "Line in" by upgrading to Sync3. The old media hub had a line in, the new one does not. Fewer wires a lot of wires unused and out goes line in functionality not that I used it much but its always good to have that option
  5. R

I opened up a screen belonging to Ford Edge (with recessed mount) and another one belonging to Fusion (with flush mount). What I noticed are that these screens are not swappable easily. The LCD belonging to the Edge has a heat sink along the longer edge of the LCD where as the fusion LCD does...
  6. R

my current Sync3 screen which originally belonged to an Edge is scratched. .but it fits on my explorer because both have that recess along the frame. However the scratch bothers me sometimes. Now, I also have another screen but it belonged to Fusion so it wont fit as there is no recess and it is...
  7. R

Anyone know how to upgrade Sync3 to the latest version when the vehicle is pre 2016 but with Sync3.
  8. R

yay! i want to report that I was able to resolve the problem. It basically involved changing the 1st 2 lines of the APIM.. thats it. Two people approached me to help. One of them wanted me to pre-pay ($50). I asked if he can guarantee and accept payment afterwards. Nope. The other seller on ebay...
  9. R

I am in Seattle area.. who can I approach for help?
  10. R

I just realized that the APIM module is not able to communicate with the HVAC module for some reason. I imagine upon user pressing some control on the Sync3 screen, the APIM would transmit the code that to the HVAC module, the HVAC module would interpret that and do the action and then send a...
  11. R

How did you reset? I did this in Forscan some of the modules but it did not fix my issue. What steps you took to get to the "yay" stage?. I am in a similar situation not quite at the "yay".. Climate control, heated seats, heated steering, seek button on steering are not responding. I have an...
  12. R

I started installation today. Hardware installation went smoothly, its all done. I am stuck though on the software side of things. The APIM was from a 2017 Fusion and screen from 2017 Edge. I purchased a Forscan extended license for $10.. Climate control not working at all.. The icons are...
  13. R

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Could anyone suggest a reliable, accurate CO monitor I can place inside my 2014 Explorer Ltd?. I am skeptical about the issue but at the same time dont want to take any chances. Most important, i want to make sure the CO monitor device is not bull sh.. me and giving false results. Being...
  14. R

I just realized its not worth my time and I need to get this media hub replaced at the same time as when I changed the APIM otherwise I end up spending $200 (my own time) on labor having to disassemble the modules twice. Coughed up $54 for the wiring harness from 4DTech. For those who are...
  15. R

Thank you all for your responses. I am super excited about going with this upgrade. I like my 2014 explorer Ltd but I am bored with Sync2 and Sync3 may be just what I need to get that infatuation going again. To enable carplay, I bought this USB hub For programming and configuratiojn via...
  16. R

Anyone confirm that the Lincoln MKC APIM will work on the Explorer?. I thought it would be cool to have a lincoln logo instead of a Ford.
  17. R

I just found out that the screen I ordered is that of a 2017 Fusion and is incompatible with my 2014 Explorer for a simple swap. The fusion has a standard mount surface on the screen where as Explorer requires a recessed mount surface on the screen body. Luckily, anticipating some twist like...
  18. R

Re: the part "SYNC 3 Retrofit USB Hub Wiring Adapter (Gen 2a)". I am reluctant to pay $50 to 4DTech for a part that costs them 50cents to procure, any suggestions on where to buy those two connectors and splice it myself? It seems so utterly basic. Those 2 connectors probably can be procured in...
  19. R

How to generate the .ab file? I think I figured this one.. need to register first and then all those options come available To generate the .ab file, Site Maintenance
  20. R

Excited to announce that I bought a Sync3 APIM+Screen hs7t-14g370-gcc with nav for about $400. I will have it in hand in a week or two. I intend to replace my current Sync 2 on 2014 Explorer limited with this hs7t-14g370-gcc (from Fusion). I guess I will need mounting hardware, will I be able to...
  21. R

I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with Sync2 and have a few questions while I consider an upgrade to Sync3. 1. What are the necessary tools (hardware and software) necessary to program this if I purchase a Sync3 Nav APIM off of ebay?. 2. What Sync 3 screen to avoid? [Lexingtonian above posted that...
  22. R

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Is there any way I can set it up so that when I remote start, The steering wheel heater is turned on Car butt warmer is turned on Defrost is turned on both front and rear windshields It defeats the convenience of having remote start when i have to physically get inside and do all these things 5...
  23. R

Bluetooth is flaky

I hate that the bluetooth in my Ford Explorer limited 2014 is so unreliable. Calls get dropped all the time and its a 50-50 chance that It even works at any time. Is there anything we can do to make the bluetooth connection rock solid and reliable?
  24. R

How can I prevent cabin lights from turning on every time I turn off engine?

Sometimes I like my privacy, but the darn cabin lights light me up every time I turn off the engine. Then after a minute they slowly fade. Any way to prevent that?
  25. R

2014 Explorer limited Power driver frequent seat ticking noise

No no.. By my moving about like that, I am forcing the noise to emanage at the frequency of my moving about. While driving though, the ticking noise is random but occurs frequently, nearly 1 tick per second. I quietly sit and drive and the noise, 1 tick per second on average. There is something...
Back