Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Prices To Extend the CPO Warranty?

Actually a quick google search brought up this press release...looks like it's brand new. And it actually looks like you can go to 9 years!!! Wow!! http://wsav.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/23877703/ford-esp-enhances-the-offerings-on-extended-protection-for-ford-certified-pre-owned-vehicles
  2. D

Not sure...I was told it was "recently added"...so I'm not sure what that means. You can call Jeremy at Anderson and Cook Ford 800-758-3673 or other dealers if you like to get a quote. I was surprised to learn there was an 8 year program also after only seeing 7 years online... Pretty...
  3. D

That's not true. It turns out that is actually a FORD Premium ESP....and they do have an 8 year plan now. Those are the prices. The first dealer that had the higher prices was looking in the wrong place. If you go to a dealer, tell them to look on page 31 of the Ford ESP book. I'm going for...
  4. D

What do you keep your displays on?

Just curious what settings everyone keeps there displays set to most of the time? 1. The small screen to the left of the speedometer. 2. The small screen to the right of the speedometer. 3. The main MFT screen. I'm about to buy a 2011 Limited and want to know all of the cool stuff I...
  5. D

Is there a way to show speed limit all the time?

I noticed the other day while I was on a route that the GPS showed the speed limit of the road I was on. This is a great feature! Is there any way I can show the speed limit on the home screen (or the display in front of the steering wheel) all the time, even when I don't have a route...
  6. D

2011 ford explorer check engine light

When you say bad wire harness what do you mean? I'm buying a 2011 limited that has a great OSASIS report, and no problems other than replacing MFT for 51K miles. This one seems to be like a winner. Do I need to have them check out the wire harness before I buy it? It's CPO so they said they...
  7. D

I'm pretty close to buying a CPO 2011 Ford Explorer Limited with 51K miles on it. The dealership told me their cost to extend the CPO to 7 years / 100K miles is 1640 and for 7 years / 125K miles is 1940. They told me that was at their cost. I did some calling and found a 7 year / 125K for 1040...
  8. D

Why are 2nd row bucket seats so hard to find?

Can you track down used ons? I've been looking at ton of them online....
  9. D

Why are 2nd row bucket seats so hard to find?

I'm trying to buy a 2011-2013 used Explorer and I've looked up tons and tons of limited's and very very very few of them have the 2nd row captain seats (which we really want.) Any idea why these are so hard to find? Is it because they cost extra?
  10. D

Need some feedback before making a purchase

Yah, I hear you. The reports I posted Have made me feel a lot better. I'm Just trying to decide if 51k is to many miles. I'll have the esp to 125k so things will Be covered for a while.
  11. D

How does this Oasis Report Look? I'm considering buying a 2011 Explorer Limited that seems to be in great shape. I've been test driving it all weekend and haven't really had any issues with it all...it's seems to be a great car. I got a copy of the Oasis report, and as far as I can tell it...
  12. D

I just got a copy of the complete Oasis report. It's a pdf. Is there any way to share it here so you guys can see it?
  13. D

Really? I've been looking and I don't see that. This one has the 302 package, 4x4, 2nd row captain chairs with center console, drivers luxury package, White Platinum Metallic....I could't find anything with those exact specs... A lot of the Limited's I've seen online don'don't have the 302...
  14. D

Question about Optional packages.

I'm currently test driving a 2011 Limited that includes the Rapid Spec 4wd 302A package (which includes a lot of various options), the 2nd row dual bucket seats, dual panel moonroof, and second row console. I'm trying to compare the prices on an equal video with the same futures (although I...
  15. D

2011 Explorer Limited Question

Also just because theres a TSB it doesn't mean every car is going to need it, does it?
  16. D

Hmm..the 2013 Limited has more features than the 2011 Limited with he 302A package and the drivers comfort package? That's interesting... Any thoughts as to what they are? Also good questions about the carfax repot. I'm going to have them run an Osais report on the car tomorrow to get a...
  17. D

One other thing..you said that warranty claims can be hard to deal with...does this include the Ford premium one as well? I know some 3rd party ones are hard to deal with sometimes, but I thought the Ford ones overall were supposed to be pretty good, no? Does the premium warranty cover most...
  18. D

Thanks for the feedback, that makes me feel better. The car I'm looking at buying is a 2011 Limited 4x4. I was feeling great about it until I started looking online. I was surprised to see the Ford Explorer rate so low, and also be on a list of the most unreliable vehicles. I know a lot of...
  19. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Thanks. So it can only be smelled with the window is open? I was thinking it was something that came in through the verbs. I'll try it out! By the way, should I open all the windows are just the driver?
  20. D

Cool. I'll do that for sure! Can you tell anything by the report I posted?
  21. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

How an I tell if this Explorer has the smell problem? I've been test driving a mint condition 2011 Limited 4x4 over the weekend and can't get the car to make the smell. How wide spread is this problem? Is it only a small number of overall cars sold? How many of you with a 2011 Limited 4x4...
  22. D

Few other things - I"m surprised to find 2013 limited (non 4x4) in the 29K-32K range. I've spent hours and hours trying to find one with the same set up as this 2011 I'm driving, minus the 4x4 to the lower the price I bit (I don't need 4x4) but I've had ZERO luck. I see that lots of people...
  23. D

Also when you say " a lot of the limited features that were offered in 2011, what do you mean?
  24. D

Thanks for chiming in. I"m surprised to find 2013 limited (non 4x4) in the 29K-32K range. I've spent hours and hours trying to find one with the same set up as this 2011 I'm driving, minus the 4x4 to the lower the price I bit (I don't need 4x4) but I've had ZERO luck. I see that lots of...
  25. D

Thanks for the feedback! :-)
Back