Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Replacement

No, I only had to undo it for the lower control arms as one of the large bolts was much easier to remove without it on the way.
  2. A

How to: Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Replacement

Quick question: I believe this how-to is for a 4x4 explorer. I have a RWD model. Do I still need to buy the 30mm socket (which I suspect is for the axle nut)? And does the suspension spring need to be compressed in a 4x2 as well? Thanks
  3. A

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

I checked all over the lower window and there's definitely no latch to open. What's strange is that it has 2 hinges, but no latch. Anyway, the other day I was driving and my dome lights started turning on/off erratically. Also last night my alarm went off by itself twice. I really wish...
  4. A

My dome light remains on if I leave my car. I have disabled it by the switch on the left side. I do not get the door locks unlocking themselves, or any beeps while driving. The only thing I get other than the dome lights staying on, is the message on the cluster saying door ajar. This is...
  5. A

Hi, just bumping this thread as I have a related issue, but haven't found a specific answer to my problem. I did read through all 5 pages. Last week I bought an 02 Eddie Bauer. It's got 118k and a couple small issues to fix. One of them is the door ajar sign. I've been trying to diagnose...
Back