Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Total loss of electrical power

Got the seat fixed too. Found a couple of wires rubbing the track, taped them up and replaced the memory seat fuse (the truck doesn't have memory seats) and it's all good now.
  2. K

So now that I've driven it a couple of days, I find the the power seat is non functional. I've checked the fuse and it's good. I guess I have to pull the seat out to look at the wiring now. Is there anything that I should pay close attention to?
  3. K

Total loss of electrical power (except locks)

It's visible without removing the kick panel. The book calls it the bulkhead electrical connector.
  4. K

I fixed it. There was a main harness by my left foot and it was loose. I tightened it and everything now works.
  5. K

The screw driver trick is in the manual. There's an access plate under the steering wheel housing. You slid it to the side and there's a hole to put a screwdriver in and turn and it unlocks the shifter, in case the battery goes dead. Not to steal anything.
  6. K

I fixed it. There was a main harness by my left foot and it was loose. I tightened it and everything now works.
  7. K

I just bought a 2003 Explorer. 106k, no rust and a rebuilt tranny. Now for the problem, it has no electrical power but locks. No headlights, interior lights or anything else, just locks. I put a new, fully charged battery in and tried. Nothing. Just locks. Can't even get it out of park, without...
  8. K

I just bought a 2003 Explorer. 106k, no rust and a rebuilt tranny. Now for the problem, it has no electrical power but locks. No headlights, interior lights or anything else, just locks. I put a new, fully charged battery in and tried. Nothing. Just locks. Can't even get it out of park, without...
Back