Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Off-road 2001 Sport build

I was thinking about putting some 15/17x10 wheels on and 33x12.5r15/17 off road tires. I should get about 6 inches total so I'm hoping if I just put a small block spacer in the rear and spring spacer in the front I in theory should be able to get by without any rubbing.
  2. I

Also I'm looking at tires and I love the way the Mud Grapplers look and was looking at a 33x12.5r17 and wondered if after the lift is complete if those would fit or if another size would. Thanks!
  3. I

2001 Ex Sport 4x2 to 4x4?

It's a LOT of money to convert 4x2 to a 4x4... I have the same model you do and honestly if you live in the same region I do there's no need for a 4x4 unless you screw up a lot or your vehicle is so heavy but the 'Xploder is so light that you wouldn't need to worry about that.
  4. I

What tires do you recommend as an A/T tire and what size because I was told I would get anywhere from 5.5 to 6 inches of lift in the rear and 5.5 in the front with TT and keys. Do I need longer brake lines or anything of the sort like new shocks? I know all about the lift but nothing past that...
  5. I

Looking to do a conversion with my rear axle since it's sitting above my rear leafs and I was wondering how much lift it would give me if I get the leafs above the axle.
  6. I

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

So currently my rear axle is above the leafs and I know you can make it to where the axle is under the leafs. It's a 2WD 2001 X and I was wondering how much rear lift that might give me before I dish out a wad of money for a suspension lift.
  7. I

I'm looking to get it lifted and put some 33 inch A/Ts on it. About 3-5 inches of lift just so I can have some fun with my friends and their trucks when they go off-roading and all that.
  8. I

Thanks guys! Off-roading in the surrounding areas of where I live isn't too terribly hard, unless you really screw up, 2WD is fine. Also, what's the difference between baja and off-road?
  9. I

Will all of these modifications fit my 01 Sport? This seems to be the only forum on the web that knows their stuff so I'm hoping someone here knows!
  10. I

So I'm new to the forum and am in serious need of some information on the right lifts, tires, and wheels to get for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD:JP:. Completely bone stock, just picked it up over the summer and was hoping to get a serious off-roading rig. So far I am looking for a 3-5 inch...
Back