Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 XLT, No Cruise Control

before you replace the switch on the master cylinder resevoir, try just tapping it with a hammer, wrench, whatever. I bought a new Motorcraft switch on Amazon, but I couldn't get the old one off. I tried tapping it to loosen it, but couldn't get it off, and didn't want to break anything. When...
  2. S

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

I got 11 years and 176,000 out of my transmission before I had to have it rebuilt. I did not have it serviced previously. I now have 190,000 miles.
  3. S

New tires for 05 Expl XLT 4WD 4LV6 help!!!

I own a 2003 Explorer XLT Sport 4WD with 170,000 miles. The original equipment tires were BFG Rugged Trail. They only lasted 43K miles. I replaced them with Michilin Cross Terrains. The first set of these lasted 60k, had some tread left but I replaced with winter coming. The next set lasted 67k...
  4. S

New tires for 05 Expl XLT 4WD 4LV6 help!!!

I own a 2003 Explorer XLT Sport 4WD with 170,000 miles. The original equipment tires were BFG Rugged Trail. They only lasted 43K miles. I replaced them with Michilin Cross Terrains. The first set of these lasted 60k, had some tread left but I replaced with winter coming. The next set lasted...
Back