Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2010 Mountaineer 5R55S leaking mystery

Just wondering if anyone had a similar situation 2010 Mountaineer with 176K Transmission rebuilt in Feb 2021 Shifts like new This labor day weekend I was driving on highway 10 where we have lots of mountains here in Arizona. I was going uphill and I was speeding up to pass an RV. When I...
  2. F

SiriusXM tuner for non-working SAT modules in 07-10 explorers

No, if I buy a junkyard Satellite module to replace my bad one, Ford would have to reprogram that module for it to work. I was referring to the Sirius tuner. If I get the Sirius tuner, would anyone know if it will work?
  3. F

SiriusXM tuner for non-working SAT modules in 07-10 explorers

Hey all, I have a 2010 Mountaineer with stock radio but my satellite module is bad and I cant listen to Sirius XM. I went to Ford for a diagnostic and found that the Satellite module is bad. I do not want to replace the radio.. I want to keep it stock I know I can buy a used module at the...
  4. F

"Your thoughts "on Aftermarket radio or just buy Sirius XM unit

I have a 2010 Mountaineer Premier. My satellite is not working and gives my error 'Sat Fault". I took it to the dealer and the satellite model is bad. I know I can get one from eBay or the junkyard but then I would have to take it back to Ford to get the satellite module to reprogram for my...
  5. F

2010 V6 2WD 5R55s Transmission Dilemma, need advice

Off-topic but what spark plugs do you recommend for the V6 4.0L. My year is 2010. It still has the original plugs and wires but I heard these engines have two kinds of spark plugs? I know copper is ok but will wear out uneven or something like that?
  6. F

Repair history and all my self: 2 wheel hub bearings front and rear breaks replaced thermostat housing once replaced ball joints replace ABS control module Everything else is original. The truck shift very smooth in all gears except of course 3rd is not working because a band broke. The engine...
  7. F

I wish it was that simple. EX-wife and divorce took everything I got, and I mean everything, and I only have my Mountaineer and my clothes. The engine is very smooth, quiet and it still has the original spark plugs, wires, and everything else. Trust me, I would love to sell it but I have no...
  8. F

Two different 5R55S Models?

Not able to get under the truck to even find my transmission model number but I am shopping around and I see there are two models of this transmission. What is the difference between 9L2P-7000 CA and the AL2P-7000 CA I have a 2010 Mountaineer V6 2WD with a 5R55S Thank you
  9. F

Hey Guys, I need your input. I'm unemployed but I used my truck for food delivery to make ends meet and pay bills. Now I'm stuck with this issue. 2010 Mountaineer V6 2WD with the 5R55S 161K miles original.. .I'm the original owner All gears shift great except for 3rd gear. I went to a...
  10. F

Help with ABS Control Module Nightmare!!

The job is not hard. Go under the vehicle and you will see two bolts holding the ABS pump and also a 3rd bolt I think above it. You will need to remove the brake lines that are attached to the pump. Be very careful with them. You will still be able to drive the car. To program your VIN, either...
  11. F

I was in the Ford waiting room but yes, the VIN was configured to the module. The Ford tech is a friend of mine. It was a 20 min job, maybe quicker.
  12. F

Interior Trim Code 4C. What color is this?

Hey guys, as the description says, my 2010 Mountaineer Premier has an interior trim code 4C. It's either Camel/Sand or Stone/Sand. I am looking into repainting the center console. I did buy an SEM #17403 "Camel" but this paint matches better to the seats. The doors, console, and dash look...
  13. F

A/C Air will slowly start to blow via defrost but not what you think

Hey guys, as usual, I checked around the forums here to see if my specific issue has been discussed here but not exactly my issue was found here so here it goes. I have 2010 Mountaineer 4.0L. I turn on my AC and drive for about 15 minutes and the ac is blowing perfectly through the center and...
  14. F

I was waiting in the waiting room while my buddy programmed the module with my vin#. It took about 15 minutes. Installing the abs pump with module was super easy, just be careful with the brake lines. I bent one that goes from the pump to the master cylinder and got one at the junkyard.
  15. F

**Update** I got everything fixed. I was able to find a abs module/pump online for a good price. I installed the part with a friend of mine and bleed the brakes the old fashion way. Fortunately for me, I have a friend that works at Ford and he programmed the module with my VIN for free. The...
  16. F

Hi guys, for more than 1 year I have been driving with the Service RSC now, abs light, traction control and abs light on and not to mention the dreaded sound when the Service RSC comes on. Well, I was finally able to find a used ABS model with the pump attached to it. I was looking into doing...
  17. F

Service RSC Now after rear wheel spin or cold start in the mornings

Also, can you provide me exactly which elm327 adapter to buy and cable? Really would appreciate it.
  18. F

Did you download the program to your computer? I will also do a search here on information about the program. Thanks
  19. F

Thanks for the update. Did you replace only the module? The pump should be good because the problem is with the module. I don't see why to replace the pump if that is good. Also, where can I get the forscan? Thanks.
  20. F

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't replied back but I still have the same issue since I wrote on this forum. Actually now it's worse. Once I start up the truck, the ABS, Brake, and traction control lights come up with the Service RSC Now and the annoying sound on the dash. This will stay on all day. I...
  21. F

Hope someone can figure this problem I have. I have a 2010 Mountaineer with 83,000 on her. About 3 months I was hearing horrible humming sound and I figured that the tires would need replacing. I had my windows down while driving by a long stretch of buildings and the building where very close...
  22. F

PLEASE HELP..Bad misfire and feels like only running on 5 cylinders (I searched )

How many miles are on that coil and wires? The last thing I did was I replaced my coil, wires and plugs and the truck ran great again. Since you changed your plugs and intake gaskets then It could be your wires & coil. I bought everthing at Autozone because I get lifetime on the wires and...
  23. F

PLEASE HELP..Bad misfire and feels like only running on 5 cylinders (I searched )

**Update** Well, with all the headaches, cuts, rain, 94+ degree weather, humidity, removing the upper intake and fuel rail 3 times, and cancelling my deserved VACATION!, she is finally ALIVE!! I replaced the ignition coil, wires, and plugs and now my truck runs smooth. All the plugs...
  24. F

I think I will replace my coil, wires, and plugs. I have lifetime on the wires so I will exchange them and see if all this helps.
  25. F

I only removed two of them today. I was going to pull all of them tomorrow and see how they look. All the codes cleared because I had the battery unplugged. The only code that I ever had with this issue was PO305-misfire #5. I was thinking of replacing the coil pack and plugs, what do you...
Back