Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Seeking an Albertan for work.

Hey boys and girls. Time has come to lift my 04 Explorer. This is not a skill I have and so I'm seeking some help from fellow members. I want to lift her 2/3". Il buy all parts ect and pay you for your time. Anyone in or around Calgary available to help with this? I can leave the...
  2. E

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

Thought I'd pipe up here and share my luck. 2004 EB Explorer, completely stock (not for long). Currently at 218k. Never had a single problem with the tranny, engine or anything else with the truck. Just started to get the whine from the rear diff at 90-105kph. Will be going into the shop next...
  3. E

4X4 how does it work

I usually do it as a precaution if I'm honest. See a white or shiny patch (that doesn't end or goes round a corner) then I press 4x4. I have seen many people come off the road on little to no snow due to black ice. I just like to take precautions. Better to be safe then sorry. As I've noticed...
  4. E

4X4 how does it work

First time poster - Long time reader. I live in calgary and drive to the mountains around three times a week to snowboard. On said trips I press and depress the 4x4 High button on average 5 times per way. Some times at 30kph others at 70kph, never had a problem with my car. Other than a rear...
Back