Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Saleen Series 2 on Explorer?

Everything you can possibly buy/do to a 5r55. I had it done to mine. -Still broke it.
  2. L

Also, I broke my BUILT 5r55 a few times (past 500awhp) before going to a 6r80. You should read my 6r80 swap thread.
  3. L

On your Trickflow head idea.... https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/trick-flow-twisted-wedge-185-cylinder-heads-for-ford-4-6l-5-4l-2v/part-type/cylinder-heads
  4. L

FYI anyone else that is installing a blower (or thinking about one) Save yourself some headache down the road... Buy a SCT BA series MAF I.e. BA2600 or BA3000 (not the BA5000 as a 4" pipe will be too much range with the slot meter) -SCT 2900 -Oreilly S1094 pigtail. This allows you to run a...
  5. L

6r80 swap 2004 Ford Explorer DONE!!

Also, yes I am using adapters that are ported to my heads to bolt the AED supercharger to the 5.4. Also, yes I can program your Livewire
  6. L

My 5r55 took a beating for a while. I lost 1-2nd on the stock 5r55 when I had a M90 on the 5.4. Then I went to a built 5r55. The built 5r55 just couldn't ever keep-up with my current build... The stock 5r55 held-up for a while in the stock 5.4 and even a few months with the M90 on it.
  7. L

Well, when you are tired of it running like poopy shoot me an email... Lsxkilr@gmail.com
  8. L

I can to get you going. The straight-up answer is, nothing beats live/right there tuning it. -Feeling, hearing every little sounds & thing it does.
  9. L

I also own a Business that flow test & Cleans injectors- So I can verify Injector type and that they are working. Ultimate Injection
  10. L

Not sure why you didn't contact me for tuning? Being as I own/drive a supercharged explorer.. Dora the Ford Explorer
  11. L

It's been a while since i posted in here. Most people are on FB anymore.. Anyway, Dora had well exceeded the built 5r55. To bring some of you up to speed who are not familiar with Dora. Or not have been to Dora the Ford Explorer Dora is a Built 5.4 SOHC w/ Ported heads, Custom Cams a highly...
  12. L

spray on bedliner

You need to use masking tape with a wire or string in it to achieve your "Cut Line". Also, I wouldn't advise using the "Roll-on" or "Rattle-Can" Bed liner. Those styles of bed liner are NOT durable.
  13. L

spray on bedliner

Dora is a EB Ford Explorer. So it had all that gold trim, I covered it all in Line-X: www.facebook.com/FordExplorerDORA
  14. L

Dora the 5.4 swapped Explorer vid

As to the plenum damage, we were already planning on doing a spacer. So it's not a big deal. I run 4 M&H DRs on Dora. (275/50R17) and I have a Detroit Trutrac in the front diff. -So I can truly spin all four tires. Once i fix all the little things the M122 should be 18ish psi. I have a JLP...
  15. L

I measured the 8-10 at the box on the back of the blower. The M112 case came from a Jaguar. It had a similar 4 bolt pattern to the M90.
  16. L

damage to plenum: M122 rotors in M112 case Ported, custom front drive, pulley, and rear box:
  17. L

Tried to spray it right off the line, it bogged, and ignited all the fuel and methanol in the intake. Already replaced the hood. I'm building a plenum spacer and up-sizing the inlet to 4". -the 3" has 8-10 in/hg of vacuum!! So i need to fix that restriction.
  18. L

I put more vids up on the Dora FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FordExplorerDORA
  19. L

KS/MO Explorer/Mounty Meet this spring?

Yes, Jarret posted vids of me
  20. L

2004 Ford explorer headers?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/headers/make/ford/model/explorer/engine-size/4-6l-281/header-style/shorty
  21. L

The original 5.4 swap started out of a expedition. Now it has a built shortblock, ported heads, and JLP stage 2 cams. The trans should be done this week! Also, working on Dora's new blower setup. Which is a modified M122 setup. (GT500 blower) On the right is the old blower, which...
  22. L

KS/MO Explorer/Mounty Meet this spring?

I own a performance shop here in Bonner Springs, if you all wan to meet there? https://www.facebook.com/LSXkilr Come see Dora the Explorer: www.facebook.com/FordExplorerDORA
  23. L

Official ET/MPH List

:( Rebuild and go at it again!
  24. L

He is guaranteeing it to 1100hp. We have had him to other trans for us that have ZERO issues holding the power he claims. Being built by Accelerated Auto in Lawrence, KS. Go "like" their page: www.facebook.com/pages/Accelerated-Automotive/350900495088294
  25. L

Official ET/MPH List

I plan on taking that #1 power adder spot this year! www.facebook.com/FordExplorerDORA
Back