Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

TSB 16-0080. 2016 Explorer Seat Cooling TSB - Backs of seats fail to cool properly

Bought mine in February of 2016. Build date was 11.11.2015 There was also a TSB for the F150's due to many complaints about the seat backs not cooling. Ours cools just fine. No issues. I do not believe all the vehicles have the problem. On my EXP I can turn on the passengers seat with...
  2. C

How many actually own an Explorer

Thanks to all who answered the poll. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many repeat owners...
  3. C

Strange popping sound...

Thanks for replying. I don't think that is the sound. It sounds more like a bad speaker. What's weird is I hear it mainly when the radio is off...I will most likely have to take it in and have them look / listen for it.
  4. C

Strange popping sound...

Since I bought the EXP I have been hearing a weird popping / scratching sound. I finally figured out where it was coming from, the lower drivers door speaker. It mainly makes the sound when the radio is not on. I first thought the speaker was bad, but when you play music it through it it...
  5. C

Thanks to everyone for posting / answering the poll...
  6. C

Great points above. Glad there are repeat buyers and also glad people are researching buying. It will surprise me if people actually select the nothing better to do category, however that is what I am most curious about. Seams like there many people who post on here who nothing about what...
  7. C

I was curious as to how many people actually own an EXP versus, previous ownership, versus research to buy one...
  8. C

Used Explorer- 2014, 2015 or wait?

I was just curious as you get so many people who say they own Honda because of no issues and great service at the dealership. I personally think that I receive great service at my dealership and my last 5 Fords have all been low service / low issue vehicles. I switched over from BMW as I...
  9. C

Used Explorer- 2014, 2015 or wait?

There will not be much difference in the vehicle (14, 15, 16) as you are looking at the XLT except the motor as you noted. The motor alone is a big upgrade as it has been received and reviewed well by many. The 2.0L would struggle at times moving such a large vehicle. The 2.3 is a big...
  10. C

Question regarding Towing

Well, my bad....Still hate merging :)
  11. C

Thanks Lewisra, I completely missed that.... I think that is one thing I hate about the merging of threads...
  12. C

Hello Lisa and congrats on joining the forum. My best advise would be to send you to a forum that deals with RV's and towing. I am a member of the Forest River Group forums and there are lots of post on this type of thing... Here are a couple examples and many people on there will give great...
  13. C

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

My EXP is flawless...The build quality aligns with past Mercedes and BMW's I have had (S500 and Alpina B7). This was one of the reasons I bought the EXP in the first place. I could not believe how nicely the vehicle was assembled and the materials used. This is a high end vehicle!!! The...
  14. C

Platinum sony sound system

Might be equipment related, but don't discount that the source (music file) can't cause this. Especially MP# files (even though you said it was a CD). Does the same thing occur when you try different CD's? If so then most likely hardware issue. Best of luck...
  15. C

Well, that didn't sound good!

When it rains it pours, right!!! (even hails) Good luck and know that happy driving awaits you soon...
  16. C

Platinum sony sound system

Sounds like you have it in "surround" mode. I have found that with certain types of music the "surround" mode is better than the "stereo" mode. Most of the time I leave it in "stereo" mode as this accommodates more of the music I listen to. Also, with it in "stereo" mode the bass, mid bass...
  17. C

Sporty Driving in the Platinum

Over the last week I have put the EXP through many different driving conditions and was pleasantly surprised. I shouldn't be as the vehicle was made to do this, but anyway... My wife and I went to look at some land and decided to drive down the small service road that was present. The road...
  18. C

Duration of 3-flash lane switch signal

I timed it yesterday and I was just under 3 seconds....
  19. C

Wow, that is pretty short. Thanks for the info guys...
  20. C

I have never timed it, but it seems to be about 5 seconds...I did a quick search in the manual and it does not speak about the amount time... Pg 85 of manual...
  21. C

1000 Mile Engine Break-In: How Critical?

Absolutely agree with you on a fresh rebuild. When I used to build engines I would change the oil 3x before driving it....
  22. C

This sounds like good news. Glad Ford is stepping up and doing the right thing. This reinforces my commitment to buying american, especially buying Ford...
  23. C

DubbsFaris, I'm glad things are finally moving along for you on this issue. Thanks again for keeping us all updated. I have not had any issues to date, but then again I only have 3k miles...
  24. C

1000 Mile Engine Break-In: How Critical?

This was true many years (>10yrs) ago. That is no longer recommended nor needed. Just as someone alluded to earlier, many cars come with synthetic already from the factory. The only reason I say to change the oil in the first 1k miles is to ensure all of the trash from building the engine...
Back