Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2005 Mountie rear door power window?

I have a rear door power window that will not go up. I replaced the driver control switch and the motor, to no avail. Out of desperation I switched the polarity at the motor and the window went up smartly. Any ideas on where to look now? I've been told that there is likely a break in the up...
  2. B

2006 Limited overhead console?

Can anyone post a link to suitable LED bulbs for the overhead console lights?
  3. B

Door hinge

The bottom hole is behind the black tape patch. I used a 1/16" bit on both holes.
  4. B

Door hinge

Not to worry. The remedy is cheap and easy. Get a needle tip for your grease gun. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=400458701267 Drill two holes in the stay cover, per the picture. Drill the top one high up. The drill bit will...
  5. B

2006 Limited overhead console?

I asked this question before but did not get an answer. Hard to believe that no one has this knowledge. This time I will include a picture. The passenger side light is intermittent. You cannot get to the bulbs thru the lens, you need to pull the console off the ceiling. I have tried, using...
  6. B

'06 front overhead console map light lens removal?

I got a set of HF plastic trim tools that let me slide in between the console rim and the headliner fabric, then pull downward. I put a fair amount of tug on it from the back end near the corners but nothing popped loose. I am really afraid to yank any harder on it.
  7. B

I'll give it a looksee, from your description.
  8. B

Do you mean the whole cover of the console?
  9. B

Starter Won't Crank on Very Cold Weather

Sounds like you made the right diagnosis.
  10. B

The passenger side map light does not come on when you press the switch. I assume the bulb is burned out. How do you remove the lens to get access to the bulb and socket? I've tried a 'search' to no avail.
  11. B

Early vs Late 3V V8 heads?

Does anyone have a link to a cut-a-way picture of a late 3V head where Ford eliminated the sticking spark plug issue? In the following YouTube, about a 1/4 or so thru it, they show a very good cut-a-way of the earlier problematic head. It would be nice to see what Ford did to remedy the...
  12. B

Breaking spark plugs?

What model year did Ford fix the sticking sparkplug ground tube issue. Was it in 2007 or 2008? This was for the 4.6 V8.
  13. B

2008 Ford Explorer Front Bumper Cover Removal?

Be sure to report back once you have removed it. The instructions posted by swshawaii make it look pretty quick and simple?
  14. B

2006 Limited 18" wheel construction?

Do you suppose the 'skins' are removable/replaceable?
  15. B

2006 Limited 18" wheel construction?

I have had my 2006 Ltd now for about a year and a half. I am just getting around to giving it a thorough detail. The 18" chrome wheels have a lot of grunge in the openings of the wheel, ie, road tar, dirt build up, etc. On close inspection, the wheel faces actually look like they are...
  16. B

2008 Auto Headlights stay on during Daylight

Any idea where the light sensor is located?
  17. B

'06 Explorer replaced my own hubs

That's great news Rob. Hope I do not need to try it in the near future.
  18. B

Front Passenger Window Smashed Out

Lithium is good for many things but it is oil based.
  19. B

Transmission Jerkyness

What plugs did you use? I have never seen any OEM plugs for near that price.
  20. B

2006 HVAC fan?

Thanks all! Glad it is not a blower motor seizing up.
  21. B

2006 HVAC fan?

I do have the dual zone control.
  22. B

2006 HVAC fan?

I just noticed this yesterday. When first starting up the vehicle, it seems to take about a mile of runtime before the fan kicks in to its set speed. Is this normal or is something going on?
  23. B

Front Passenger Window Smashed Out

Here is the absolutely best and most effective stuff to use on your car window tracks. http://www.zoro.com/i/G4469132/?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&gclid=CNLlt_n9ysICFYyTfgodVasAwg
  24. B

2008 Explorer Drivers Seat Options

:thumbsup:
  25. B

2008 Explorer Drivers Seat Options

I'd check with a local upholstery shop re: a repair. They could be way cheaper than the dealer and save you a lot of headaches on swapping out seats.
Back