Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Tailgate / Liftgate Alignment

I was hit from behind a few months back and the auto body shop I went to fixed mine perfectly. It shakes a bit now when I open it but when closes the alignment is perfect. So it can be fixed, just need to be hit from behind to get it right ;)
  2. O

Loose Front Fender "Flares?"

Yes sir, that is indeed the piece I'm talking about. Both sides of my Explorer keep popping away from the fenders.
  3. O

Not quite Peter. Not the liners inside the wheel wells but the black trim piece above the wheels. Below the fender itself these are a piece that is clearly visible at all times. Possibly just on my red ex they are black but I'm sure every Explorer has them.
  4. O

Hey guys and gals. Just a quick question for all you random readers out there. Has anyone had the problem with the front fender trim pieces (black fender piece directly over the wheel) coming loose or popping out from the fender? The trim piece (like so many others on the explorer) are held in...
  5. O

Interior Dome Lights Not Working

Interior lights won't turn on Hello fellow explorationists (yes it's a real word lol) 2013 limited having lighting issues. They won't turn on when I use the pushbutton on each individual light. Map lights, second row overheads and cargo area are all changed to LED, but none will work...
  6. O

Explorer hood vibrates

Mine was the defect of the hood brace. The epoxy had become weak and broke apart. It was fixed under warranty at my dealer.
  7. O

New Aluminum Sport Pedals

Mother trucker those are expensive for a set of pedals. Especially if you want the black addition. Sucks that all these sets come with the dead man footrest cover, since both the husky liners and weathertech liners completely cover it.
  8. O

Tailgate / Liftgate Alignment

xxxboarderxxx I am curious as to whether your issue was ever fixed, as i put on the same bumper protector this evening and the mis-alignment was staring back at me.
  9. O

Foglight Bulb Options

If you're looking for a great HID kit with quality parts use DDM Tuning. Their kits are inexpensive and the best i have ever used. Thats simply my experience with several different HID kits though.
  10. O

Front washer nozzle

Under the hood.
  11. O

Front washer nozzle

Get a flathead under it and pry towards the windshield. Its just a pressure clip.
  12. O

Explorer VS german cars

Might want to read my post over again. Those two parts weren't even in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence. If you would care to re-read it, it states "Now the ML 63 i took out was, well, a $120,000 beast. " My fault actually, i should have stated "Now the ML 63 i took out for...
  13. O

Front washer nozzle

Disregard, stupid question. A little love tap with a flathead and they popped out. Must have been frozen at one point and the pressure caused them to pop off. Odd they have no clamp or anything holding them on. Thanks anyway.
  14. O

Front washer nozzle

Hoses somehow came off the front two washer nozzles and I need to take out the nozzles themselves to clip the hose back into the quick connector. Does anyone know how to get them out? I think their just pressure fitted clips. Its melting around home and I can't see! Thanks.
  15. O

Explorer VS german cars

Just to throw my take on the subject in. Recently departed from my 2000 Mercedes ML-430 into a 2013 Explorer Limited. Myself and the wife test drove several vehicles, domestic and import before deciding on the Ford. Over several years i have put thousands into repair on the Mercedes. And with...
  16. O

Explorer hood vibrates

Thanks Peter. Unfortunately im fairly certain their cracked as after parking in a heated garage for several hours i tried them and the stream was mostly sent downwards into the engine compartment, not on the windshield. It is possible though as now i have no fluid going anywhere in the front...
  17. O

Explorer hood vibrates

Thanks Bianca. I will talk to the dealer when i take in the Explorer at the end of the month for an inspection and to get the windshield wiper nozzles looked at (neither spraying in the front, i believe summer fluid was left in and froze, cracking both) The problem with the hood "flutter" is...
  18. O

Explorer hood vibrates

Thanks Peter. Will let the dealer know about the issue when it goes in at the end of the month. Theres a few other issues that need some attention and pieces I would like to get added on, and this site is a great place to find info and inspiration.
  19. O

Explorer hood vibrates

Just wondering if this issue has been rectified or not. Im a fairly new owner of a 2013 limited and i have the same "flutter" of the hood sheet metal at highway speeds. There are a few things i need to get looked at on the vehicle but overall happy so far. Thanks
Back