Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Has this been clarified yet? I just had mine done, and can confirm that the heated seat light does not light when remote started. Yet to try if the actual seat warms up (even though the light isn't on).
  2. C

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Recently purchased an IKT (5 button) from Jason, and took it Wayne Pitman Ford in Guelph, with instructions in hand. They were skeptical it would work, but nonetheless tried, and after a short period the lead tech came out and told me it worked. He and all others in the shop had never heard...
  3. C

Is this steering/tire behaviour normal?

I have a 2014 XLT (18" tires). My current mileage is 22,500km. From very early on, its feels like the steering is off ever so slightly. When I'm driving in a straight line, regardless of speed on level road, it seems like I have to correct to the left constantly. Again, ever so slightly...
  4. C

Advice needed - Canada and USA wide brake rotor shortage?

I took my 2014 Explorer XLT (19000 kms) into dealer due to an annoying low speed brake squeal. Told me a minor resurface would fix and is covered under warranty. Truck returned with major brake noise to the point where they acknowledged a full rotor replacement would be required :scratch...
  5. C

Correct positive connection for HID relay

In the pic (green box), I've used this as the positive connection for a HID relay. No problem I assume?
  6. C

Alternatives to coolbulbs.com?

I just got my XLT on Monday, for which I have a 5000k kit (35watt) from retrofitsource.com If this friggen cold ever lifts, Saturday is supposed to get to a balmy -3, I will install and post pics. Might help you decide. Note that a ballast isn't going to significantly extend the life of your...
  7. C

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

1. Yes, for 13 and 14 you want a 9005 kit. TRS asks you when purchasing what your vehicle is to ensure you get the right equipment. 2. Yes 3. I've read that the eom kit is very good, but requires waterproofing the ballasts I think as they are meant to fit in the headlight assembly. All...
  8. C

They recommended me the canbus do to ease of install and that the stock wiring is ample. Makes sense as I'm sure the same wiring is used that is found on the limited trim which has hid.
  9. C

I haven't received the kit I ordered or the XLT yet, but I consistently read these (which is what I ordered) are the best. Heck, if you want even better than those, consider these. I'll be sure to do a write up/review once I have both at the end of the month.
  10. C

HID headlights Suggestions

TRS Kit I got, should be here next week. Don't have vehicle for another month to test, but lots of positive reviews.
  11. C

Don't have my explorer yet, but assumed this is what the feature did (delayed auto lights). If it comes on immediately, what is the delay option for?
  12. C

Option already exists to delay the lights via options on the dash cluster.
  13. C

To improve your chances of getting a quick answer, might want to head over to a site like hidplanet and post the same question there. Do you have DRL? If so, you have to disable them, or switch them to the front amber markers. HID doesn't play well with DRL.
  14. C

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Oops, ya...that was kinda there in full answer hunh? Thanks. Only thing I don't quite get is Renewed?
  15. C

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Taking delivery on Feb 25. When purchasing, I declined the (Canadian) ESP. I take it I can purchase after the vehicle comes? How much longer afterwards? Does the price go up the longer you wait?
  16. C

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Motoarzan had his done at Ridgehill Ford in Cambridge. Hwy24. Said they were cool about it. Not sure if mentioned price.
  17. C

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Would all 2014's (XLT) have this?
  18. C

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

If you're concerned about quality, why not go for these? Having said that, these seem quite nice and have good reviews over @ hidplanet.com. I've purchased this same kit (canbus + 5000k bulbs). Just have to wait for my XLT to arrive in Feb, but will post update when installed.
  19. C

Canadian pricing???

I purchased the following on Dec 21, 2013 from a GTA dealership: -2014 XLT 4WD -202A package (leather) -Trailer tow package (class III) Out the door price: $40976.65 (taxes in) Incentives: $3750 (delivery allowance) $500 (holiday cash) I did not qualify for Costco $1000 (wasn't a...
  20. C

Canbus or regular harness for HID?

So which one do you use? Canbus or harness (relay)?
  21. C

Based on TRS feedback, replies to this thread (and other threads) lots of different experiences. Seems a relay will work error free i.e., no error codes in the dashboard, as will a canbus off stock wiring.
  22. C

Not sure if you're aware of it, but hid planet is quite good for researching.
  23. C

Will flickering be an issue if I don't have the remote or push start? Vehicle is also being delivered with the parking lamps as DRL (law in Canada) as opposed to lower wattage use of the headlights.
  24. C

TRS recommends a canbus, but I believe some of you used a regular harness on your 2014 model. To confirm, those of you using a harness have no issues?
Back