Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

coil changing problem?

ok so i had the check engine light come on, got the code e.c.t and it was the number 6 coil so i changed it but about 2.5km down the road the check engine light came on so i checked it again and its the same problem so i wiped the code and then it did it again. the spark pugs are fine i just...
  2. 2

intake manifold gasket? please help

ok well i just realised i have been looking at intake manifolds and it is actually the inlet? where is the inlet manifold?
  3. 2

intake manifold gasket? please help

i have had a few coils go on me and noticed the water levels slowly dropping. ford said there was a leak in the intake manifold gasket so i have had a look for myself and cant find a leak anywhere so im quite confused any help on this problem as i dont want to get something fixed if its not broken?
  4. 2

can a leaking inlet manifold cause coils to go?

had a few coils go on me recently and when i recently took my truck into ford for servicing was told there was a leak in the inlet manifold, could this be the cause ?
  5. 2

hand brake question?

hey mate awesome thanks for that, i just knocked mine out and now my handbrake is perfect, cheers for the help
  6. 2

hand brake question?

did you make these holes ? how did you make them, what gen is your explorer my one does not appea r to have them
  7. 2

hand brake question?

or is there anyway to tighten the cable ?
  8. 2

hand brake question?

ok so i have put new handbrake shoes in have checked the cable and have tried to tighten the hand brake but still getting nowhere when its tight enough i can't get the disk on but then if i loosen it a tiny bit it only just gets on but won't lock very well, is there anyway to tighten the hand...
  9. 2

hand brake?

i made the silly mistake of putting crc on my handbrake shoes, yes i know it was stupid i had the can next to my brake parts cleaner and accidently sprayed crc onto the inside of the caliper and the hand brake shoes, is there any way i can dry these out my hand brake is now next to non existant...
  10. 2

rear left shock ?

anybody know how to change the rear left shock on an o2 explorer with rear indipendant suspension? is it a job i can do at home?
  11. 2

changing the anti freaze

ok so how much do i put in, and how in the world do i drain it and fill it up, its doing my head in
  12. 2

engine oil level?

i take my truck in for an oil change about every 8000kms, i have noticed that ford bearly put oil in it. the oil on the dipstick is only ever up to the minimum dot, is this correct or are ford not putting enough oil in?
  13. 2

brake lights stuck on...help?

will do, thanks for that
  14. 2

found the problem, gave the sensor a wiggle and it came right, cheers guys
  15. 2

yeah sorry worded that wrong, what i meant is that i disconnected the battery and reconnected it and they still came back on
  16. 2

for some strange reason the brake lights are stuck on in my vehicle, i thought it may be the pedal so pulled that forward and they still stayed on, i have tried disconnecting the battery and it still wont go off, the worst part is that they stay on even when the vehicle is off.... any ideas?
  17. 2

louder v8 sound??

ok so how would i go about getting some sound out of my truck? i dont want it overly loud, just enough to hear that slight v8 rumble. can i do this legaly without changing the heads or the cats?
  18. 2

central locking/door ajar problem

Thank you very much, i found the problem. i got the door covers e.c.t off and found a connector that had slipped off i had to take the locking mechanism out to clip it back in, i think it was the wire that led directly to the sensor because as soon as i put it back in it worked, i also wrapped...
  19. 2

central locking/door ajar problem

Ok, well after always telling both my girlfriend and my best mate to stop slamming the goddamn doors on my truck or they would break something, i think one of them finally did we all went out for a day and the door that those 2 always slam seems to cause the message center to think that the door...
  20. 2

Strange rattle??

thank you very much, yes just a loose shield all fixed now
  21. 2

Differences between limited,xlt and the eddie bauer

i also heard the moon roof heated mirrors and seats were on the limited but none of that is on me or my friends one
  22. 2

Differences between limited,xlt and the eddie bauer

I have a 2002 limited but have seen that there are xlt versions and an eddie bauer but what are actually the Differences between limited,xlt and the eddie bauer? I was told the limited has seat warmers but mine doesn’t and neither does my mates, so what are the differences and what ones are the...
  23. 2

Strange rattle??

ok well recently i have had a strange rattle. The serpentine belt is slipping a bit but i am going to get that changed in the weekend and dont beleive that it plays a factor in the rattle, i do not see how this rattle is coming on it only happens between 2 and a half thousand revs and 3 thousand...
  24. 2

2002 explorer 4wd not activating

I have always looked after this and service everything and no mechanics have picked up any problem it it, could it be the switch?
  25. 2

2002 explorer 4wd not activating

ok i have had my explorer for nearly 2 years now, since i have had it the 4wd has never worked like i press the 4wd button and no lights on the dash come on or anything! It's weird because it's stuck in 2wd and I didn't realize they did go into 2wd. The driveshaft is still in so I don't...
Back