Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

CODE P0456

The warranty coverage period for: • Passenger cars, light duty trucks (applies to vehicles up to 8,500 pounds GVWR) — The emission warranty coverage period is 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic emission control units, and onboard emissions...
  2. D

CODE P0456

Bump. What is length of warranty on emissions stuff.. ie. Purge valve? Tried fuel door.. doesn't seem to be it. Sigh 9500 miles on it and a cel
  3. D

CODE P0456

Hello, I have a 2014 explorer sport with 9400 miles on it.. yes essentially brand new lol. I was wondering if it's the capless design, I don't know what else I can do to eliminate this code. Maybe purge valve? Stupid that I have a check engine light on a nearly brand new car. Any help greatly...
  4. D

2014 explorer sport fumoto drain valve

First oil change time! Has 3k miles on it, and want to run a full synthetic. Ive always had good luck with mobile 1 15k mile extended performance (usually only go aboit 6k between changes) I prefer a purolater was wondering if anyone went a size up on their filter vs stock ( sometimes u can fit...
  5. D

Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport

wow wtf... that is not normal.. My ex has 600 miles on it and have not experienced any of these issues.. yet?! D: Let us know what they say, I would have to assume these issues are few and far between, if everyone's plugs were submerged completely there would be more issues.. KEEP US POSTED!
  6. D

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

AMS is in west chicago, not sure how close that is to you. See if they can dyno the x. Www.amsperformance.com
  7. D

Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport

what gas are you running? 91 octane? I run only 93 in mine and have not experienced this problem yet.. Could be few and far between who knows, but hopefully you figure it out!
  8. D

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I#am fairly confident at this point thag the only thing different is the ballast and bulbs .. the projectors in each housing look identical to me(from limited hid housing to sport). Maybe someone involved with ford can verify the projector part numbers or something to that matter
  9. D

Alternatives to coolbulbs.com?

Dyode dynamics I think is who I will end up going with when I upgrade to hids. I am fairly confident at this point thag the only thing different is the ballast and bulbs .. the projectors in each housing look identical to me. Maybe someone involved with ford can verify the projector part numbers...
  10. D

Installing HID? Read this first.

^ thats what I was saying.. they are projector housings hence the straight beam of light.. I feel the retrofit to hids from halogens would work just fine (the hid housings are a bit different but not.much to my knowledge)
  11. D

SCT X4 pre-order!

By the way 4drhtrd did you own a speed6 back in the day?? If so I remember you from the mazdaspeed forums lol.
  12. D

SCT X4 pre-order!

Wow from price perspective this looks great ! Cant wait
  13. D

disappointed with aftermarket exhaust on sport

Someone needs to develop a nice 3" turbo back exhaust
  14. D

Ya I would like to see some.good pics of these.. if they look like xenon hids should.then I may go this route.
  15. D

So did someone do.this to.the sport then and has a vid? Link??
  16. D

Does anyone have access to a housing to see if that lens comes straight out from the back or is it the whole assembly. It looks like it possibly has clips not sure though, but if that were the case wow that would be a simple change and then you have factory hids essentially
  17. D

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261163763185?nav=SEARCH http://m.ebay.com/itm/400642726489?nav=VI So there are the 2 different housings, the goal would be to change that projector / lens that is.in the limited and swap it with the sport. It looks like it could possibly just be clipped in and we would...
  18. D

http://www.oemfordpart.com/parts-catalog/ford/explorer/2013/limited/3-5l-v6-gas/electrical/headlamps Found something little interesting. I would love to compare the differences between projector hid vs halogens.. they look very similar from what I can see
  19. D

Well they are both projectors , ive looked at them and agree they look very similar. Even the cutoff looks like an hid (similar to.my 370z) just wrong temp color
  20. D

That is why I talked to dealer , they can apparently swap in a set from the limited, I would then have to blackout the headlights myself as they come from factory on the sports
  21. D

Ya it can be done just Pita. I bet those housings are 700$+ I asked so we will see
  22. D

I think they are listed on the ford oem site where you can find parts. Expensive is my guess. You would still be missing the nice blacked out housings which sucks :/
  23. D

It comes as a whole assembly, apparently you can't get parts seperate. It can be done by putting the limited housings into the sport. So ya peter is correct.
  24. D

Talking to salesman that I dealt with , he is going to speak with service manager to see if sport housing can have hids from limited wired up and used in that housing. Keep ya posted even though I dont have good feeling or that anything will come.of this, but we will see.
Back