Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

The dreaded broken crossmember bolts....

When taking mine out I had three break. I heated them up with a torch till they were red hot and used a vice grip and they came right out.
  2. B

03 mountaineer servo cover not coming off

Well after getting the cover off and replacing the servo, o ring and clip, taking it to the tranny shop and having them replace the fluid and filter it was good to go for about 120 miles and popped off again. Had it towed to the tranny shop they replaced the cover and cleaned out groove that the...
  3. B

Thanks for the quick reply! It hasn't been worked on by anybody. I'm just suspicious that the cold weather and the temperature change of the tranny fluid caused the snap ring to shrink? I've tried to turn the cover with a channel locks and there is not enough room for that, tried to chisel it...
  4. B

So do you guys think that I could just replace the snap ring and it won't happen again? It's a lot of work to get everything off and it not to work.
  5. B

My 03 mountaineer decided to start leaking tranny fluid all over my driveway on the coldest morning yet -6 f. I started the truck and let it run for about 20 minutes come out to leave for work and that's when I seen the tranny fluid. I backed it into garage to find the front servo cover is half...
Back