Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

RA Bushings

I bought Energy Suspension bushings from EE $29-35. After reading the time and horrer stories about the rivets I knew it would take me 6 hours. I had the local alignment shop install $144 to $40 for alignment.
  2. D

Rear hatch adjustment?

One of the teflon(?) pieces over the latch bar broke on mine. I replaced it with some hard rubber tubing but it will not last. Does anyone know what or where to get these pieces to replace them. Has anyone tried there own pieces for this, what was the material and how did it work?
  3. D

Which looks better? All green?

I also have a 93 limited two tone green but I don't like the lighter color green. I have seen an all dark green limited - looked sharp
  4. D

92 63,000 original miles

Can't tow a U-haul trailer becuase you might tip over on your bad tires = low value
  5. D

Front end clunk - NOT ball joints

Well, like most other people, I finally figured it out - it's the RA bushings. the passenger side is what is making the clunk, it's actually missing the inside rubber bushing and the ring is rattling when I drive. Just ordered Poly bushings from EE, but noticed they don't provide hardware -...
  6. D

Help with upgrading tires

I had 30.5X10.5X15 and they rode nice. You should not have much problem unless you are off roading enough to cause rubbing, you might alos experience a little less turning radius but not enough that u can't u-turn on a street.
  7. D

Is $100 good for OE HU used???

I also bought a used OEM Premium HU AM/FM/CASS back in 99? to replace a broken one. He had 2 I bought the $150 becuase it looked new, the other one was $100 or $115 but looked beat up. I also have the old unit somewhere. Just upgrade to an aftermarket unit and get newer features - like them...
  8. D

I did not see any zerk fittings to lube anywhere on the front end. The sway bar bushings are looking old and dry - but not lube fittings, can I just slap some grease around them?
  9. D

I checked the ball joints, there is very little/no play in the tires. The ball joints are not new but only 85K on truck and easy miles. I noticed when I jack the front end up, the cross link/steering bar can be rotated forward and back until it hits the front end axle/cross bars. The...
  10. D

Ford Lawsuit yields 350 mil

Next thing you know U-haul will stop renting to Explorers -DOH!
  11. D

What really do they do in a fuel induction service?

Fuel injection service, is this the same thing, it sounds like it. I had it done on my wifes car at jiffy lube recently, mostly to see if that was the hesitation problem. They attach a canister and inject or drip it in at the engine compartment. It looks like the same thing you buy at the...
  12. D

Ford to outdue Hemi with 6.2 V8

Perfect timing as gas heads towards $3 Gal. Did I read somewhere that the vette gets good gas mileage by using the old GM trick of shutting down cylinders when not in hard driving use - ala old Cadillac, I believe one other newer GM vehicle is using it also.
  13. D

Seafoam

Most items even hazardous waste can be shipped by air freight, commercial airlines have stricter limits. Say you have isopropyl alcohol, only 1 liter per package would be allowed on a commercial flight, but frieght could have several liters. It depends on what's in Seafoam by...
  14. D

First Gen A/C

I just had mine fixed, the seals were bad, $300 for all seals and freon. The light glows red but it does get cool.
  15. D

Centerline Escape 17" + Toyo proxes $999

Local paper ad for Wheelwarehouse.com in Anahiem CA 714.772.1281 - closed Sundays Special buy while supplies last Centerline Escape 211 with Toyo 255/60VR17 Proxes S/T (tax excluded)
  16. D

Has anyone painted the black bars between the windows on a 4-door?

I have seen people on this BB do it, someone recently blue, I remember another one white. I like the idea and would like to do it also.
  17. D

heated mirror Q

Do a search. I read that other models already have the wiring for the power to heat the mirrors - maybe you just need the mirrors then. Is it worth it, depends on where you live, here in sunny CA I hardly ever use mine, sometimes in winter when it's dewy I defrost the rear window and mirrors...
  18. D

Crazy mad scientist idea: LCD multi-function display instead of gauges!

I know a guy who is working on this idea to market it to the auto manfacturers. He is going to use a small MB already like the type used in the car electronics anyway. His point is one could select what info they want to see RPM, mileage etc. Why does an automatic have a tachometer - who...
  19. D

Leaking windshield 1ST GEN - common?

I have a 93, it leaks from the top of the front windshield above where the rearview mirror is located. I had it fixed once and it worked for about 3-4 years. Just wondering if others with 1ST gen have experienced the same problem
  20. D

Maintenence tracking and reminder software?

Use to do it in my head, but evidently my head aint keepin track like it use to. I also had a Franklin organizer for awhile that had the table, maybe I will copy that into Excel and go.
  21. D

Maintenence tracking and reminder software?

Does anyone use a software program that reminds and keeps track of car maintenece info?
  22. D

Rollover/kill switch below passenger seat?

My neighbor told me that they sold their 1ST gen Explorer becuase of this switch would keep tripping off and prevent from starting. Evidently after a couple of times to the shop and replacement they learned how to reset it but had to do this almost daily to start it. Anyone know what this is...
  23. D

Explorers In The News

Well at least they were not towing a Uhaul
  24. D

Think I might sell Exploder for an Avalanche

Recent C&D magazine rated the Nissan the best truck, the F150 was 3rd?, but only 1 point seperated 2-3-4 place. I owned the first year hardbody 1996, mechanically a sound truck. IF you buy a GM, don't think, get the extended warranty. Many people at my work bought GM trucks, we were owned...
  25. D

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

Curious, if Uhaul has been hit with lawsuits and they can no longer insure themselves for this type of vehicle - how come Explorer owners car insurance has not doubled or dropped altogether, is this next?
Back