Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Dilemma 2016 or wait on 2017

Hi guys! I was picking up our new 2015 Mustang GT convertible tonight and the dealer I was at had a 2016 Explorer Platinum parked next to our new car. I was able to take a look along with a few others. Seeing the car in person versus photos was surprising. I like the rear end however the...
  2. A

For the Sport owners

I have a '14 sport with 13k miles and no issues. I drive combination of aggressive and conservative. Lately all side streets and minimal highway as in once a week- and have to make sure there's no dust on it. Lol.
  3. A

Trying to get an idea

This is perfect....The only "issue" I may have is changing from a white car to a royal blue. LOL. I can definitely make this happen with help from his best friend and my family. Great idea!!!! :D
  4. A

Trying to get an idea

Hi Everyone, Hope all is going well! I have to say that the Sport is still awesome. I LOVE my Explorer- as it is just a year old and has 12k miles on it. I wanted to know if anyone was surprised (by spouse, etc.) with a new vehicle and how was it done? I know the vehicle itself will be...
  5. A

New Explorer Owner

Congrats!!! An all Ford driveway is a beautiful thing!!!
  6. A

Remote start smart phone app ?

since I have a new job that has me working in the auto industry, I happened to stop by the Lincoln dealership (sister store). And the Ford rep was there, when Bob and I were discussing what I wanted as end result, she piped up and mentioned that there were new parts and showed the Ford parts...
  7. A

That's great info. . Thank you! There's no issue with cell service, my car is open to the elements for now, we have plans to do construction. So until then, this is what I need to do, before it hits 100 plus ridiculous temperatures here. Thank you, now I need to call Lincoln to schedule. Yay
  8. A

Hi Everyone, I changed my occupation and work in the auto industry now. So, i choose to park in the back 50, to keep my vehicles safe. However summer is approaching and knowing how hot it will get here- I am looking to add this feature to my Ex. Our sister Lincoln dealer shared they could...
  9. A

Temperature gauge question

AZ- I also have mine serviced there, the Eric's are my advisors. Have you mentioned it to your advisor? I have contacts there as well as Berge - if I can be of assistance please let me know.
  10. A

Temperature gauge question

AZ - where do you take your Ex to get serviced? I just hit 11k miles and have not experienced that.
  11. A

Windows stutter...

Hi Boost, Ironically I can speak to this. I had parked the Explorer in an effort to save mileage. My husband drove it and immediately called me to ask about the shuddering windows. I had not noticed additionally I don't know if this was something new. We made an appointment at the dealer...
  12. A

New to me 2013 Explorer Sport

Congrats you will love it
  13. A

How to get better Gas Mileage?

Wow! I had stopped driving mine to preserve some wear and tear. I'm looking forward to seeing if my sport improves with mileage. is your driving highway?
  14. A

How to get better Gas Mileage?

So you are saying in your 2015 you have 2500 miles now? Just asking as I hit 1200 miles and our 14 sport is getting 18-19 mpg. 18 when my husband drives it and 19 when I do. (I drive A LOT further than my husband does). I have noticed when filling with premium versus mid-grade there is a...
  15. A

Lemon Law

Here's just the scoop.... our truck does fall into Arizona lemon law. However we ordered a 2015 F150 Ecooboost. Our new truck is on its way. It is in Kansas City en route to Arizona. So, I have parked the truck until I need to make a hay run....so its barely being driven at all. We are...
  16. A

2013 Explorer or wait for the 2016?

I am always a fan of buy what you want, however I wanted to point out something regarding your argument...you are avoiding the 2011-2012 to allow the buys to be worked out, however you are looking into the 2016 model year...wouldn't that contradict that same point as it is within that working...
  17. A

Ghost Shadow Under Door LED Lights

Mustangs with the pony package have the same thing. Our 2013 does. I will check those forums to see how it's wired...
  18. A

car matchmaker TV show

I just wanted to thank you for mentioning this show. We were able to watch all the episodes on demand. My entire family loved it-thanks for adding to the addiction. :D
  19. A

Lincoln aviator

We had a 2008 Lincoln Navigator and the only difference is cosmetic. I had sync added to the Navigator since it didn't come with it, and was that a nightmare. It would work half the time and since it was added the Lincoln dealer (fiesta Lincoln) was snooty about repairing it. In the end they...
  20. A

Cracked Fog Light

I finally replaced the cracked fog light, which was $62.00. The local dealerships wanted almost $100.00. Since we have a vehicle on order I have an "in" at the dealership which we ordered the truck from (not geographically close by). Anyways, I ordered the Lamin-X which should be here next...
  21. A

Cracked Fog Light

lol- I can send you one cracked one.
  22. A

Cracked Fog Light

Hi everyone! When this thread resurfaced - I had to check and sure enough my drivers side fog light is cracked into hundreds of pieces. I called the dealer and was on hold forever. Does anyone have a part # handy? I will order a lens protector of some sort. Sigh...
  23. A

flashing third brake light

We have added this to our Mustang and love it. For the size of the module I cannot figure out how to install in Explorer or F-150. I agree they capture your attention. If you find anything please post as I would love to add these.
  24. A

Possible New Owner Questions

I would agree with the post above. We have a 14 Sport, and last weeks road trip to California was great...until hubby said he missed the room of our Odyessey. (That almost killed the trip...lol). Before my 2-2014 explorers we had an Odyessey which I dispise except for the additional room...
  25. A

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Hi All, We just returned from Disney, we left Sunday the 16th. The gas mileage averaged 19.9 from Arizona to California, a variable was those Santa Ana winds....they were crazy. No visibility and dodging semis was crazy. The worst was the traffic, oh my! On our return yesterday, I was...
Back