Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Goodyear Eagle Enforcer Tires

Looking at these as a replacement, just wondering if there is any "end user" feedback on these, as I think they are a fairly new product for Goodyear? Cheers
  2. M

PIU Routine Maintanence

Thanks, looks like most "stuff" should be done at 160000kms
  3. M

PIU Routine Maintanence

So I'm at the 116000 kms mark, and I'm thinking about what "service' would be applicable, and what's a good investment for my vehicle at this stage. My vehicle didn't come with an "owners" manual, so I'm actively looking the PDF online. That said, changing the tranny fluid comes to mind, however...
  4. M

Hood Deflector

Thanks, ya that's US :( , I hope someone is using one? LOL.
  5. M

Hood Deflector

Well sorry troops for "bumping" an old thread, however with this recent cold snap, I cracked, and then broke my AVS bug deflector, and before getting a replacement I want to know if any "end users" out there had some opinions on the Stampede Carbon Fiber Hood Protector? I know its more...
  6. M

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Thanks bud, I tried this a couple of times and it seems to work, I gotta be honest, I was skeptical, ;) , however I'll take what I can get! Stay Safe, Cheers
  7. M

Thanks, at least I'm not the only one, LOL, I don't know if I'm ready to invest more money? however if you have a link to your unit, I certainly would like to read up on it? Cheers BTW did the "add on" antenna add any significant range at all? I'm just looking for about 100ft.
  8. M

Nothing in the area, there is a steel "base" for the console to be installed on? , the distance seems to be "hit & miss" I tried it several car lengths away, in my parking lot, and this morning there we no cars parked beside me, and it started?, however from work, I parked across from my exit...
  9. M

Well I changed the battery, range is still only maybe 20ft? I'm wondering if Ford installed EMP protection or a "Faraday" cage, LOL Back to the drawing board. Cheers
  10. M

I'm not even getting a 1/4 of the 300" .
  11. M

Hey troops, I'm trying to "troubleshoot" the poor range of my remote starter, I have the Ford factory FOB(s) I don't have anything plugged in as suggested, and the FOB's are new so I'm not going to change the battery right away. Let me know what you think? Cheers
  12. M

Thanks all good points, would/could the battery be an issue? even if the FOB's are new? I also just replaced my car battery, so I think I'm OK there.
  13. M

Well I had the "dealer" enable the remote start today & cut the keys, overall it was a pretty smooth operation, money wise this has cost a fair bit of coin. I guess over the next few weeks, I will see if going with the "factory" option was the best? & most cost effective? A quick observation is...
  14. M

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

Thanks, good to know, my dealer had some difficulty finding them, however the price was reasonable, in fact, somewhat "cheaper" than the Continentals? Stay Safe
  15. M

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

I've been very happy with my Continental DWS Extreme Contact, however the "new" Goodyear Enforcer tires have caught my eye? Any reviews? or feedback for them out there?
  16. M

Radio stays on after removing the keys and opening the door?

So troops a bit of an "update" after a couple of days at the dealer the problem was a failed relay, apparently something in the "upfitter" portion of the vehicle, the relay stayed open, drawing about 3 amps while the engine was off. So overall a $20 part and 2hrs of labour, you do the math :( .
  17. M

Radio stays on after removing the keys and opening the door?

OK, so this is a "weird" one for me. It's veterans days on sunday and a local car wash was offering a free wash, on Sat for both the exterior and interior. I dropped by and received both, they did a great job BTW. However now it seems like the radio won't turn off, so after parking on Sat, I...
  18. M

Time for tires

Sooo had my tires installed today, also received a $65 rebate via a gift card. Very impressed so far, more to follow.
  19. M

Goodyear RSA Police P245 55R 18 Tires

Sooo had my tires installed today, also received a $65 rebate via a gift card. Very impressed so far, more to follow.
  20. M

Oil Change interval

:biggthump:biggthump
  21. M

I was as well, since I had not even heard about these tires till a few days ago when I contacted a colleague for some advice? I'm excited to see the difference between these and the RSA's?, and the addition of the rebate kinda "sweetens" the deal. (Continental is offering a $65 rebate/visa...
  22. M

Time for tires

Just a "heads up" troops, my dealer told me that Continental is coming out with a $65 pre paid credit/rebate for March 15th? That should cover some of the cost of the alignment, :) Cheers
  23. M

And the winner is Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06, thanks troops :)
  24. M

Time for tires

Thanks bud, did a "quick" tire comparison and the difference in the dia is about .4", so the P255 would be very close. I"m guessing I wouldn't have any issues going up to the P255. The reviews sound great and the "price is right" compared to the Goodyear RSA'a or the Firestone Firehawk GT's.
Back