Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

New 22 inch wheels-storm trooper ex

That is the size of the wheel. I need the size of the TIRE.
  2. J

New 22 inch wheels-storm trooper ex

what size tire are you running?
  3. J

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

That is why I ended up getting an OEM setup. I figured if the ballast came stock in a new car, they would be reliable. I just couldnt keep on installing, uninstalling, and checking to make sure my headlights were on. I dont need to get pulled over for stuff like that. I am happy I got away...
  4. J

Alternatives to coolbulbs.com?

I spent the money on a denso oem kit from trs, and can't be happier. I haven't had any problems at all.
  5. J

Update: New kit is working great. No problems at all. Ballast fire every time, and no problem in Auto.
  6. J

SCT X4 pre-order!

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place. What kind if tunes will be included for the EX sport? What kind of gains be expected?
  7. J

This is what is recommended on hidplanet.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UH4CRM?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
  8. J

I have the potting material, and will be doing it this weekend. I needed to make sure they worked fine on my truck first. They are mounted up high, and upside down in the engine bay. Im not worried about it. I got a car wash today, and drove in heavy rain yesterday...not water anywhere near...
  9. J

The Retrofit Source AMP:OEM Kit Here are some pictures from the kit:
  10. J

working great. No problems. The kit works in Auto headlight mode and everything works as it is supposed to.
  11. J

Update I received my AMP: OEM HID SYSTEM tonight from The Retrofit Source and so far so good. It works in Auto the few times I tried it tonight, and fired overtime I asked them to. I will have to see how they work on the way to work in the morning. I am powering them with a harness. The...
  12. J

I'm looking forward to your review after a few days. I have a kit coming from them soon.
  13. J

Andrew has been great with switching out parts. I just can't do that for two weeks until it finally works. In my case, I was driving a 50k SUV with paper plates and a malfunctioning headlight. Frustrating.
  14. J

I will know soon. I too was convinced by the DIY HID tutorial by a member here to try coolbulbs,and was really disappointed. I have ordered some "HIR" bulbs (amazon)and also a kit from The Retrofit Source. I ordered one of their OEM kits (not cheap), with can-bus. I am willing to try...
  15. J

I have returned my coolbulbs.com kit and ordered an oem kit from TRS. If this kit doesn't work, I'm not sure anything will. I will post my results when I get the new kit, and get it installed.
  16. J

I just sent my kit back to coolbulbs, I could not deal with the unreliable headlights. The stock halogens suck, but they turn on...and stay on. May look at another kit, but need to have something reliable.
  17. J

I have tried everything. Changing bulbs out, ballast, installing a relay...capacitors. Nothing works. Unless I have gotten two bad ballast and two bad bulbs I dont know. This kit was one of the most expensive systems, but looks alot like the much cheaper DDM systems. I just got off the...
  18. J

It's to the point now, I am going to uninstall everything. I need reliable headlights. I hate going back to the stock bulbs, but at least they turn on and stay on.
  19. J

I dont have DRL. I have been going over threads at HIDplanet...nothing yet.
  20. J

Hello Guys, I am the proud new owner of a 2014 Ruby Red Explorer Sport. A week after driving around with the horrible headlights, I decided to do an upgrade. I ordered a 9005 6k kit from coolbulbs.com after reading the great DIY write up. Since the first day I have had problems. Bulbs not...
Back