Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

I was talking to Torrie yesterday and happened to ask him about the guys that have been waiting on SCT... His response: Sounds like progress. Any update from those that were waiting?
  2. J

New Aluminum Sport Pedals

Ditto LakersCentral I've stuck around with you this long...what's another couple weeks? Good luck Brother!
  3. J

I think it's time to hedge my bets unless LakersCentral makes some serious headway soon (No offense brother, we know it's not you!).
  4. J

Ever end up hearing anything at the end of the week?
  5. J

Front Bumper Removal - How To?

I have exhausted my ability to use the search function and turned up nada on anything that explains HOW the XSport front clip comes off. I plan on tackling a few different things this weekend, some of which involves removing the front bumper. So I thought I would poll the audience to get...
  6. J

Solved! Door latch fix inside!

As long as you don't disrupt the springs location by pulling it back too far, you're totally fine...piece of cake job. Just be careful. Also, if the part of the latch that the handle clicks into happens to go back to it's natural "door closed" position, I had great luck with a piece of dental...
  7. J

OK, so...for anyone else that runs into this issue I thought I would do a little write up. This was on a '14 Sport When removing the door handles; After loosening the set screw (T20 Torx) in the end of the door, you have to pull the handle outwardd (like you're opening the door) and then slide...
  8. J

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

OK, so...for anyone else that runs into this issue I thought I would do a little write up. This was on a '14 Sport When removing the door handles; After loosening the set screw (T20 Torx) in the end of the door, you have to pull the handle outwardd (like you're opening the door) and then...
  9. J

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Anyone else have this problem? I had one of the spring assemblies come out of its 'home' during re-install. HELP!
  10. J

Ok, so I removed the door handles on my 2014 xport to de-chrome them...everything went fine, but while I was messing with them on the side of the truck, the latch assembly and spring shifted and came out of it's "home"...not there's no tension on it, and the door handle can't be re-installed...
  11. J

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

PASSENGER LIGHTS: Indeed. I'll try to get a couple of pics taken of these new style lights. They're not bad, they provide a fair amount of light...how they work is pretty ingenious really. They provide very focused light to each passenger area which extends outside when the door is open to also...
  12. J

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll keep that in mind. I heard back from Andrew at TRS today. Seems like it might be more my fault for ordering the wrong parts than anything...I was under the impression that I needed the HD relay to prevent the bulb out issues; but Andrew says some of the...
  13. J

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Lackluster Morimoto experience yesterday Installed my 55w 5000K HIDs and HD relay from theretrofitsource.com yesterday. I've gotta say, I had a better experience with my DDM kit on my Mazda 6 than I did with their kit yesterday... :( MORIMOTO Pros: The light output is great. Very smooth...
  14. J

WTB: Explorer Interceptor LH Headlight Assembly

Found one after emailing every scrap yard with EX headlights on ebay last night! Done and done! [/thread ]
  15. J

WTB: Explorer Interceptor LH Headlight Assembly

I'm looking for a fifth gen Interceptor Headlight Assembly. It doesn't have to be in good shape, I just need a couple parts from inside, like the outer chrome bezel around the headlamp, and the amber lens. Thanks Guys, Jack
  16. J

Headlight Baking - Seeking Recommendation

Hey Guys, I'm looking for a good recommendation on where I might be able to take my headlights to get them baked and split, then re-sealed when I'm done with my project... I've baked them before, but it's a PITA, and I'd rather pay someone to do it. I'm near Grand Rapids, MI...so...
  17. J

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Indeed :D
  18. J

Explorer Brake Upgrades

Re: Brake Fluid I've seen some fluid Q's tossed around and thought I would share some of my understanding on brake fluid in case anyone is interested. DOT 3, 4, & 5.1 are all Glycol based, so they will all eat your paint...however, this doesn't expressly mean they are interchangeable. The...
  19. J

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

OK, so here's the scoop. The green coolant looking fluid under the hood was cleaner / anti-rust agent. No problem there, just sloppy application. As for the "hard to steer" bit...not sure, but it hasn't come back, and I haven't witnessed it, just the girlfriend. So we're on standby on...
  20. J

Just a follow up...wondering where things were at with these. Thanks!
  21. J

Thanks Rebecca! I have to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow since I have a CEL on now with a "charging system error" alert. : \ Also, showing a friend the engine today, and found some green, slippery liquid under the hood...not sure what it could be since the coolant is red and it doesn't...
  22. J

Thanks! I'm still working out the kinks on MFT...we'll see once everything is all set up how it goes. As for modding plans; I'm typically more performance mod-centered, but my better half will be driving this more than I will, so I think I'll stay more aesthetic (for now). I ordered the oil...
  23. J

*Huge sigh of relief It's nice to be done with the wait. Now I can finally update my profile! Thanks to Crystal for all of your help. When we showed up this afternoon the Sales Manager walked out and said; "I've got to come shake the hand of the guy that has Ford calling me to see if I knew...
  24. J

IT'S ALLIIIIIVE! Just got the call, she's ready to be picked up. No shipping notification, no eta ever given, no heads up on arrival...but it's there, prepped, and ready...
Back