Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Help with my Rear Defrost

Hey Thanks for the suggestion. I just have to wait till the weather warms up being that I have to remove the bottom dash panel under the steering column. I removed it once before to change the relay for the blinkers to stop the "Hyper Blinking" after installing the LED's so I know it will take a...
  2. A

Help with my Rear Defrost

I have a 05 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the Heated Mirrors and for the past few weeks when I push the button to turn on the Rear Defrost it "Lights Up" momentarily, to indicate it is activated, then immediately turns off. I am aware the Power Mirrors run on the same circuit and they don't seem to...
  3. A

75 mm throttle body needed, maybe upper plenum too.

Next this you can do to free up some HP, if you haven't done it already, is an electric fan swap. The truck runs alot looserwith the electric one.
  4. A

Great Job! I'm glad it worked out for you. Thanx for the update.
  5. A

Good Luck man and keep us posted. I'm am sure others here have been wondering if this mod can be done and how difficult it would be.
  6. A

Hey, you would have to check if it would fit but I have the C&L Plenum and a 75mm BBK throttle body off my 2000 4.6 Mustang GT asking $150 shipped to U.S. or even better picked up. BTW There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of them.
  7. A

Amplifier power lead extension question due to relocation.

BTW I ran a new power cord for the amp from the battery. More Bass will need an upgrade in power cord and ground wires.
  8. A

Amplifier power lead extension question due to relocation.

I replaced the factory subwoofer with a Pioneer subwoofer and also upgraded from the factory subwoofer amp to a pioneer subwoofer amp and installed it under the middle seat of the middle row of seats. Never had a problem.
  9. A

03 Explorer Limited on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

Hey JarvisB just wondering how does the truck feel in the highway at 80mph or above? Any vibration or shaking? I'm asking because I put brand new 20" rims with 275/45/20 Hankook Tires and when I get to 80mph I get a slight vibration in the front.
  10. A

03 Explorer Limited on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

I'm pretty sure you might have to flash the PCM with the tire size so your speedo can read correctly. Looks Good BTW!
  11. A

New Idea For LED Signal Mirrors On Explorer

Hey Dennis thanks for posting the exact parts you used that for me was the hardest part. Now that I know what to get exactly I will Be doing this in the spring. I will just try to get white LED's since all my lights have been converted to white. I shouldn't have a problem the instructions are...
  12. A

Electric Fan Options (other than MKVIII and Taurus)

Wow it sucks that the new fan arrived defective. Did you just get the fan or the complete fan and shroud? I purchased mine on Craigslist for $50 and it was an OEM takeoff with the shroud. Everything fit perfect with the Mustang GT shroud. I didn't have to adapt anything.
  13. A

Just an update on my install. It's been about 3-4wks since I made the conversion to electric fan and everything is going great! I especially love how much quicker the truck heats up when it's cold...much quicker than stock.
  14. A

New Idea For LED Signal Mirrors On Explorer

I have an 05 and live in Brooklyn and was wondering if when the weather gets warmer you would do me? Well I mean my truck. If so, how much would you charge me?
  15. A

ddm hid install

Anytime you replace OEM parts with aftermarket ones there is always a chance things might Not fit exactly as intended. With so many different companies making HID kits/bulbs the chances are rather great to have some slight fitment issues. First, since you stated it is only driver's side I...
  16. A

Love The New Custom Tune!

Today I installed a custom tune into my 05 4.6 Eddie Bauer Explorer and all I could say is D A M N....I LOVE IT! The difference is nite & day. I ordered the tune from MorePowerTuning.com it's the first time I ever used them. The price was $75 for a 93 octane power tune. I was running the stock...
  17. A

Good Luck with your install!
  18. A

Compressor Works/Electric Fan Thermostat Part Number: 733652 Price: $24.99
  19. A

I got rid of the entire original shroud. I had to trim off 4 tabs the Mustang shroud had on each corner. In order to keep it mounted I used 3 black zip ties in the top,(if you look closely you could see them), and 3 on the bottom. The shroud doesn't budge, nice and tight. It sit about 1/2" away...
  20. A

I started covering the wires with black electrical tape but ran out of tape. I went and bought another roll but it is too cold to wrap them up the tape isn't sticking. As soon as it gets warmer I will finis covering the wires.
Back